Sign in to follow this  

easy and free power boost

this is a smoker question, my brother told me that using a thinner jusg gasket, and sanding down teh cylander head just a tiny tiny bit, would increse the compression,it seems logical because a highcompression head has less room between it and the top of the piston. well i tried it and seems like it works. is it proven or am i just imagining things because i want it to work?

You can use a thinner base and head gasket. But, don't try to sand down your cylinder head, because I garuntee it won't be uniform, then the cylinder head won't seal to the cylinder properly.

i had the head milled on my pw50, alot faster (still slow). if you want your head shaved, take it to a machine shop.

exactly, dont do it yourself unless you have MetalShop 4.0 under your belt. Otherwise you will have to use two head gaskets to get it to seal right, and at that point you aren't getting the benefit you were aiming for.

You can use a thinner base and head gasket. But, don't try to sand down your cylinder head, because I garuntee it won't be uniform, then the cylinder head won't seal to the cylinder properly.

don't sand it down, to do it yourself & do it right, you need a lapping table & lapping compound, & a lot of time. The table is to make sure the amount removed is uniform all the way around. I think it would be much better to take it to a machine shop & have them mill the proper amount off,,, what are you looking for ?? 5 thou.?? 10 thou.??, find out how much first, & remember once you raise compresion,, High test gas becomes mandatory

There are much better ways of extracting more power out of your 2 stroke. Porting the cylinder and head mods for your riding style will easily do more than compression ever will. Proper jetting, reeds and pipe are quite important.

Using a thinner base gasket can adversely affect port timing on some bikes.

I personally wouldn't just raise the compression using gaskets only.

My friend sticks his powervalve open, using caulking and some other stuff, and now his top end is blown. Did it have anything to do with it?

i already have proted and polished head

Since the porting is in the cylinder would you kindly explain what porting and polishing the head is in a 2 stroke?

The last three posts are stupid beyond belief.

It seems rather pointless to try to help anybody around here. :thumbsup:

intake ports, thier twards tha botom of the cylinder, idk if its ported and polished but its deff better tean stock

Sounds like you just need a faster bike...:thumbsup: Do I see a 250/450 coming?

yeah more tah likely. i wanna get an 08 crf250f dualie and pimp the shit put of it