Sign in to follow this  

Jetting a 06 DRZ400E - calif. model

I have modded the endcap on my stock exhaust, I plan on doing the 3X3 mod on the airbox. So what main and pilot will I need to install. I live in Bakersfield, CA. Its at around 400 feet, but I ride alot at 4000 feet. Thanks.

you need the dynojet kit for a cali E model.

install it per the intructions.

JD is also now making a kit for the cali E.good choice as well.

Thanks, I appreciate it. :thumbsup: I'll order the dynojet kit today. I was reading the dynojet instructions online. They say to remove the snorkle, should I still do the 3X3 with their kit? also what pilot should I install.

Thanks again.

Well it was better but not what I expected. I installed the 140 with the stock pilot and the endcap mod. So I guess now I'll be getting a pipe, probably a muzzys or FMF. Then I'll move up to the 155 main. So at this point would I need a different pilot?

the kit for the cali E model doesnt spec a 140 main jet.

you definatley needed a bigger main jet even at 4k ft.

you need a 150 main jet,stay with stock 22.5 pilot jet.

I finally got the exhaust. FMF powercore 4 slip on. I removed the snorkel and installed the 155 main and needle from the Dynojet kit, 3 and a half turns on the fuel screw. After everything was back together, I fired it up. Man what an improvement. I couldn't believe the difference. Thanks burned for all the help. :thumbsup: