TSF Sunday morning. Anyone!?!?

Made it back and found some great trails directly above the staging area, some downhill only single track.

My bike didn't boil over once and there was the occasional cool ocean breeze up somewhere near triangulation point. It's really hot dry and dusty out there though... we need some rain.

I'm licking my wounds from yesterday. Went over the bars twice! Both times tumbliing 10-15 ft down a hillside and I'm hurting today. The sceond time the bike came with me and took me about an hour to fight it out of the gulley. At least I got that first crash in on the new bike and its over with.....

Diamond Mill is my kryptonite. I unkowingly punctured a radiator hose on my 426 and damaged the cylinder, dislodged a boulder with my kidney after a hillclimb gone wrong and now the tumbling acts. I dont know what it is about that place.

I'm licking my wounds from yesterday. Went over the bars twice! Both times tumbliing 10-15 ft down a hillside and I'm hurting today. The sceond time the bike came with me and took me about an hour to fight it out of the gulley. At least I got that first crash in on the new bike and its over with.....

Diamond Mill is my kryptonite. I unkowingly punctured a radiator hose on my 426 and damaged the cylinder, dislodged a boulder with my kidney after a hillclimb gone wrong and now the tumbling acts. I dont know what it is about that place.

You are still getting adjusted to living above the 45th parallel. :applause:

:applause: On a serious note... :applause: you should not ride alone - bonehead! :applause: I just dealt with a situation 2 Saturdays ago where a guy was pinned upside down under his bike when he endo-ed into a ditch 100 yards from the staging area. :ride: He was stuck there about 8 minutes when we showed up. It turns out he had a Christopher Reeves-type break of a cervical vertebra that should have paralyzed him at the very least. ? He was lucky he was riding with someone, otherwise no one would have been looking for him. At least, the search party wouldn't have started until a couple hours after he didn't return to his home - which would have been hours after he crashed. The math suggests that he would have been pinned for at least four hours from the time he endo-ed (lying upside down with a broken neck and a leaky two-stroke's handlebars jabbing him in the beer barrel). :applause:

Next time, suck it up and ride with us...it was probably 10 degrees cooler up in the hills than it was back in the low-lands anyway. What would you rather deal with - hotter temps or rescuing yourself? :applause: Now, go to your calendar and fill in the 9th for a day trip to Gifford Pinchot...we'll see if your Superpincushion powers do okay there. BTW, maybe if you rode with a cape the drag would hold you back from the bars or stabilize you on your launch! :applause:

To add insult.... the incidents occured on the access road into Diamond Mill staging area. I went for a day of suspension testing and ended up learning all about traction. There was a non-stop flood of people driving by, but I was way too embarassed to ask for help.

To add insult.... the incidents occured on the access road into Diamond Mill staging area. I went for a day of suspension testing and ended up learning all about traction. There was a non-stop flood of people driving by, but I was way too embarassed to ask for help.

Did I say September 9th? Mark it 'Clark'.