Moving up..

well there were some HUGE changes (lengthening the shock 1.5mm) and this GIANT bar height change (up 8mm) or the white plastics, which one industries offers a kit that looks even sicker than stock...so when you buy the 06, that would be 65 bucks for some protapers and 200 for the white plastics and graphics (optional) so weigh the options...they (DR) claim the motor is more "rideable", but it seems like that changes every year. also, if you tweak the 06 suspension a little and SET YOUR SAG all of those "turning problems" that everyone bags on goes away.

well there were some HUGE changes (lengthening the shock 1.5mm) and this GIANT bar height change (up 8mm) or the white plastics, which one industries offers a kit that looks even sicker than stock...so when you buy the 06, that would be 65 bucks for some protapers and 200 for the white plastics and graphics (optional) so weigh the options...they (DR) claim the motor is more "rideable", but it seems like that changes every year. also, if you tweak the 06 suspension a little and SET YOUR SAG all of those "turning problems" that everyone bags on goes away.

In other words there were no HUGE changes made. 1.5mm longer shock...WOO WOO, that is not even noticeable, and if it is, the '06 shock is awesome anyways. The bars are a big change, and IMO, the only big change. Turning problems on '06? What? I must be riding a different bike than all of you. Honestly, I would go for a '06, save some money, it is basically the same bike, besides the Year...the '07 just has a little more cool features like wave rotors, nothing you can't buy for the '06.

I love my '06, get what you want, but I'm just trying to help ya save some money, either one you choose you will love, it's a Yamaha, and if the '07 is even better then the '06 like they claim, then you will really love it.

I just went through the same problem your facing. I went with the 06 not only because it was 1g cheaper but that left me some cash to completly deck out the 06 with all the woods racing crap that I need. Are you going to be using it for Motocross or woods? I spent almost $900 making the 06 woods/dersert racing capable and that doesn't include suspension work. It's a expensive hobby. I should if taken up tennis.

Im buying it for motocross and its going to renegade for suspension probally before I even ride it. I didnt really see anything either.. besides those bling wavy rotors!

Buy the '06, take the extra money you would have spend if you got the '07, buy a new chain, skid plate, hour meter, new tires, new bars, and then have a great bike.