Sign in to follow this  

Must see this, Great video !

The toughest race of the world... as desired by Gilles Lalay

The race:

At 6:30 AM, start of 230 pilots for a selection race of 120 miles between Limoges and Peyrat le Chateau. The best hundred pilots restart in the afternoon from Peyrat, at 3:00 PM for a terrific lap of 120 miles again, mostly around the lake of Vassiviere. These lap is a long suite of slippy uphills, deep sloughs, rivers crossings and fields of stones, with NO TIME FOR REST.

The arrival is at the top of the "Slope of the Dead Raven". First arrived is the winner, the race is stopped at 0:00 AM

here is the vid, 54 minutes

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-848520820508389789&q=gilles+lalay

Pretty much what its not rocks is a swamp ... !! really though race for sure !

eyeeeee, that water looks freeezing. I want to do that tho lol. Lots of respect for those guys..

Good video, nice find. I have a lot of respect for those guys, makes our motocross icons look weak. I would love to see Stewart or Reed make it on that course. Everyone says motocross is really hard, and you dont understand how hard it is until you try it. I think most people who only race mx don understand how hard real dirtbike races are, this gives a great view into real offroad races, not just the big air, smoot dirt, bermed corners of mx courses. Dont get me wrong, im sure mx is hard, but this stuff is 100x worse. :thumbsup:

thats looks awesome! now thats my kind of event! and it looked like being a spectator was so much fun. id be in their helpin every falled guy i saw lolol. but does that race still happen? it be a shame if it didn't.