Sign in to follow this  

best hardpack tire for ttr125l

i have a ttr125l that i mostly ride in the backyard. my backyard is mostly hardpack and i was wondering what would be a good set of tires for my ttr125l. i tried searching and couldnt find much.

thanks

If you live in SoCal (909/951), I can get Bridgestones a little cheaper than a typical shop. I love them. Although I use the soft and hard/intermediate ones.

I had Michelin MH3's and They seemed to work great on the hard stuff. I ride rock railroad beds a lot, and they held up pretty good. As long as you get the newest model of the MH3's they will be good, the old ones used to chop up.

They were also pretty good on the soft stuff, even though they were made for the hard terrain.. :thumbsup:

Never used Kenda tires, and I dont know anybody who has.

I would say go with Michelin like I said before, and they arent that much, and are well worth the money.

If you want the cheapest price, check www.tiresunlimited.com I bought mine there and if I remember, they were at least $5 less than anywhere else I found. They had great service also, very reliable... :thumbsup:

Go with the michelin starcross. They look sweet, and I've heard good stuff about them.
thats not a good idea for hard pack.. i have a starcross mini for my front and it chuncks bad on clay.. i had if for a week and it started to chunk :thumbsup:

thats not a good idea for hard pack.. i have a starcross mini for my front and it chuncks bad on clay.. i had if for a week and it started to chunk :thumbsup:

Yes, I agree with ndawg on this one. I have run the Michelin Starcross tires front and rear, and they chunk very bad, and this is on a flattrack which is the hardest dirt you'll find.

So i'd stay away from the starcross tires for hardpack riding..

has anyone tried the kenda tires for the ttr125l?

All the people I ride with used kenda's. Note none are on a ttr125, we use them for rear only, desert racing, great for loose drit and hard pack. Its a directional tire too (carlsbad line) you can change the direction for medium to hard pack, it would be worth checking into.

The carlsbad on my bike realllllly hooks up in hard pack, large sand/gravel, and rocky terrain.