Sign in to follow this  

Good, post-ride food in Hollister?

I was driving through downtown Hollister today looking for a good place to eat, and wondered where you guys stop on your way home from riding? I was hungry for Mexican and stopped at Poncho's (one block off the main street), but wasn't that impressed.

I'm sure someone on TT has tried just about every restaurant in that little town, so let's hear your favorites.

Thanks!

I usually stop at the local Taco smell. On the way in, we have stopped off at the diner, dang what was the name...., its on the left hand side on main street. There is usually a bunch of trucks with bikes there - good breakfast.

Other then that I've got nothin for ya

If you are looking for Mexican, Super Taqueria has some tasty semi-authentic mexican food. There are tables to sit at, but it is more take-out oriented. If you come in San Benito St from HH you need to turn right on Hwy 25(Tres Pinos Rd) and its about two blocks up on the left!

Go through San Jaun Bautista instead, there is a mexican joint called Dona Esthers.

Pretty good mexican.

its on the left hand side on main street. There is usually a bunch of trucks with bikes there - good breakfast.

Jerry's???

Had breakfast at Jerry's once before a ride and thought it was pretty good...it is kinda pricey compared to other diners. Other than that we'll either go to taco bell, McD's, or wait until we get to morgan hill and go to either Carl's Jr or Hometown.

Jerry's???

Had breakfast at Jerry's once before a ride and thought it was pretty good...it is kinda pricey compared to other diners. Other than that we'll either go to taco bell, McD's, or wait until we get to morgan hill and go to either Carl's Jr or Hometown.

That's the place :thumbsup:

right next door to super taqeria is a great mexican restraunt called kristinas.hope this helps you out.if you want more choices let me know but being a hollister local this is the best imo.

If you are looking for Mexican, Super Taqueria has some tasty semi-authentic mexican food!

Another vote for the Taqueria! Quick, fast, cheap, authentic, & Good!

The Starbucks in town, mucho hot Mamacitas :applause::applause::applause::thumbsup::applause::applause:

I will ahve too try one of the Taqueria's :ride:

WHen is the end of red sticker season??

Hit up the taco truck that sits on the block before the 7-11 on your way to the hills, they have great tacos for sure, but I dont know what else because im so hooked on their tacos.

I second San Juan Batista, multiple Mom & Pop type Mexican and an excellent Basque restaurant (can't recall the name though). If you have a big group, the Basque restaurant will serve you well, they serve up a feast.

Jerry

+1 on the taco truck. The last time I ate from there, I had a bit of a taco spill in my truck and the smell lasted for at least a week. Good stuff!

jerry's makes the good hamburger's :thumbsup: its right on the main drag in town.

Hit up the taco truck that sits on the block before the 7-11 on your way to the hills, they have great tacos for sure, but I dont know what else because im so hooked on their tacos.

Yup the taco truck when its there that a cool spot.

The other place is the Dunnville (sp?) you just follow the main road (San Benito st) past the airport to the 4 way stop sign. Killer Tri-Tip sandwich :thumbsup:

Been to Jerry a bunch of times, Kinda funny you can tell the riders/ 4x4 guys from the non-riders in the winter. All the riders are covered in mud. :applause:

Kristina's is ripping. It is like two doors down from Super T.

You Pigs you didn't eat enough dirt at Hollister! ...DIRT does a body good.

The only riders that eat dirt are the little kids that are riding too much bike and loop thier bikes going up twin hill. :thumbsup: Carnegie saturday morning, can you swing that?