Sign in to follow this  

tips for a xr 100

The best tip I can give is Don't.

The XR100 is not a MX bike. It's a play bike, a mini bike. Ride it with both wheels on the ground. It doesn't have the suspension or the frame for "getting air".

If you're into "getting air" buy a CR85.

Sorry, I'm sure you didn't want to see an answer like this, but it's the truth.

I agree that it's a playbike, but I don't think you neccesarily have to keep both wheels on the ground. It has decent suspension - in fact WAY better than the bikes of yesteryear! Have fun, jump if you want, but take it easy though. Like he said...if you really are into jumping, get a CR. :thumbsup:

The best way to get more air is with an air compressor. Just get a BBR cradle when you do or you'll stretch your frame. :thumbsup:

Start with small tables and work your way to bigger jumps. You'll learn the limits of the bike. We've done some pretty big step ups with them, but we've been riding these things longer than you've been alive.

I find that if you turn the air screw out it give the bike more air too.

I like the air compressor idea though.

The best tip I can give is Don't.

The XR100 is not a MX bike. It's a play bike, a mini bike. Ride it with both wheels on the ground. It doesn't have the suspension or the frame for "getting air".

If you're into "getting air" buy a CR85.

Sorry, I'm sure you didn't want to see an answer like this, but it's the truth.

Take all the air you want. Some people are just mad because this type of question is asked a lot.

ACE4-30-06003.jpg

ACE4-30-06004.jpg

Your question was pretty much answered in the 1st couple replies ........... but i cant believe no one mentioned the obvious.

Bigger Jumps = More Air