Sign in to follow this  

Why is my jetting so rich?

The lesson here is, when trouble shooting a rider complaint, never over look the the simple and the obvious. Start at a basic point and methodically work your way along the possible problem chain.. Skip nothing,,fore if your do.....the problem will always end up behind you unfound.

Was riding the DRZ last weekend, and noticed it was not running great,,ok,, but not revving freely, slight bog,ect ect. As I had been working on the jetting every ride for a few weeks now,, just seeing what else I can get from my motor..... I was prepared to play with the jetting this afternoon. I started the tuning with a check of the air cleaner, then drained my tank to check for crap in the fuel (this one has bit me before) then checked the exhaust header, mid pipe,and can...... hmmmmmmmmmmm, looks like the spark arrester screen is a bit plugged..ok well that happens lets pull it and have a look.....

blocked.jpg

Umm, yup, that will do it..

i thought so, but didn't realize it could come thru like that.

i thought i remembered it being held in place with preforrated metal.

i guess the muffler has internal damage.

Well at least you didn't have to worry about plugging it for a washing. :thumbsup: Holy Crap!

awwwwwwwww it looks like your Muzzy knitted a sweater for your spark arrestor..how cute! :thumbsup: