Sign in to follow this  

Ap mod

You can do it but it leads me to tell you my experience. I tried it this past week:

I have an 05. I shaved my diapragm down to where 2mm was sticking out(not sure what the total finished length was) and it was definately the wrong way for me. The stock diapragm on the 05 is 7mm total length. My friend had an extra 06 diapragm so I used that. It has a rivet length of 8.5mm. I called JD Jetting and they recomend the length to be 8mm on the 05 so I figured I was close enough.

Are all of you shaving down the rivets on your diapragms? Anyone else experience a rich bog from it? I run a 55 leak jet ( I beleive JD recomends a 60-close enough?) also so that may richen it up too. Just be careful you don't add too much fuel like I did. You will know it right away.

well im pretty sure im going to just move the screw in and put an oring around it like it said on the Ap mod page.

if ytou dont shave it it works fine, on my 04 the rivit is already short so i just tied it together

if ytou dont shave it it works fine, on my 04 the rivit is already short so i just tied it together

Did you have to change anything else? Like the leak jet???

not sure about jetting, but i read the Ap manual that redbeard put out with pics, and they said not to shave the diaphram on the 250f's

you do need to shave the rivet, i did it, then you want to time the ap spray so that is just misses the slide, and before wireing anything check for any binding! then you want to install a 75 leak jet! at it will ****in hit!

The amount that u take off of the diphram pin is the gap between the AP sensor and the AP set screw (use feeler guages) when u have the throttle turned wide open. Once u have ur gap measured then take and set ur set screw so that it is touching the sensor and safety wire it or use an oring as described in the instructions! Thats prolly why u had the problem! The throttle response is crazy I have it done on both my 06 450 and 250f! I'am done to a 38 pilot, one richer needle and clip position in the middle with a 165 main! I also have a JE 13:5:1 piston, ported and flowed head, Big Gun Full System, and VP U4! U have to make sure u do the steps exactly how he has them or u can mess it up pretty easy! I absolutely have nothing but positive things to say about it! That and if u have questions PM Redbeard450 and he has been a great help and answered all my questions!

The amount that u take off of the diphram pin is the gap between the AP sensor and the AP set screw (use feeler guages) when u have the throttle turned wide open. Once u have ur gap measured then take and set ur set screw so that it is touching the sensor and safety wire it or use an oring as described in the instructions! Thats prolly why u had the problem! The throttle response is crazy I have it done on both my 06 450 and 250f! I'am done to a 38 pilot, one richer needle and clip position in the middle with a 165 main! I also have a JE 13:5:1 piston, ported and flowed head, Big Gun Full System, and VP U4! U have to make sure u do the steps exactly how he has them or u can mess it up pretty easy! I absolutely have nothing but positive things to say about it! That and if u have questions PM Baron Von Beard and he has been a great help and answered all my questions! :applause::thumbsup::ride: