Sign in to follow this  

From Green to Red

Hiya fellas,

I just sold my 2006 KX250F and got myself a totally stock 2005 CRF250, with only about 8 hours on it because the owner wrapped his car around a tree... and cannot ride anymore.

I pick it up this week and I'm immediately getting it fully Flo ported, jetted and having a bills system fitted. :applause:

Its also having my kxf springs put in it, they are exactly the right weight for me and the new owner had heavier ones fitted. so ill have the suspension and engine all set up for my first ride, should be good.

Now, is there anything i should do to keep her going good for a longer then the 30 hours my kxf lasted for?

and I'm also fitting TAG fatbars and TAG clamps to.

And also whats a nice graphics kit for it, and trim kit? been a 05 model the graphics are out dated so I'm thinking a graphics kit to keep it fresh.

If need be can yas please post pics? :ride:

Thanks for ya time fellas. #326 :thumbsup:

Just check those clearances every 10 hrs and you'll be fine. I am interested to know how you will compare the stock gearing to your KXF. Get some radiator braces and a man funnel and you should be good to go. Welcome to the red side

More importantly, keep your air filter clean and change your oil often. I got 90 hours out of my 05 before having any valve issues. I put in a new piston while I was at it and boy did it wake up!

Welcome to the club, but why the switch? Esp. off a new 06....

Caus the kxf was a time bomb, cost to much to fix when it decides to blow up...

the kxf went a hell of alot faster, but after what im doin to it, crf should go even harder.

The KXF was a brilliant package, awesome handling, fast but usable engine, but for how long the engine lasts for is the problem...

Yeh i do my oil every 4-5 hours anyway so that should be no problem. Umm, do i change both gearbox and engine oil or does one last longer than the other?