Sign in to follow this  

Anyone wearing a Rockgarden flak jacket for protection?

I just received mine in the mail and it looks to be comparable to the EVS but seems to have better protection. If anyone has one I was concerned about how they should fit. I'm 5'10 and 185 lbs and they recommended a large but although it fits it seems to be on the snug side. I'm considering an extra large so I was just wondering how everyone else fits them. Are you better off with one that is a little bigger and just use the adjustment straps on them to make them fit? The jacket itself seems to be well built and has good protection on it.

I'm 5 foot 9 and 155 lbs. I think I was in between the medium and the large. I think i went with the medium. It fits well. that thing has lots of adjustments on it, so not sure why yours is so tight. Mine is definitely snug, which is a good think. It doesn't slip at all and that helps when you crash. You want everything to stay in place when it rubs up against hard stuff.

I think you should stay with the snug one. The XL may be a lot bigger than the Large.

I ran one for a season. You definitely want it snug. One thing I noticed: The hard chest armor kinda dug into my belly when I bent my torso forward. Not that you should be bending your torso forward ...