Sign in to follow this  

FMF? you tell me.

i just got a great deal on an 05 crf250r with 34hours. anyway, enough about my excitement. the bike runs very well, would you put an fmf on this bike or is the stock pretty close?

Almost any aftermarket exhaust should beat the stock muffler in power. But they will be louder too. We used to run the FMF 4.1 and it increased power across the board.

Congrats on the bike! I got a smokin' deal on a Factory 4 with a Powerbomb header from a local back in June-and I LOVE IT! It's a bit louder than stock, but noticable gains. I like the stock pipe myself, and had I not got such a good deal on it I wouldn't have that set up-but I lucked out. I run a 50 tooth rear and the pipe really helps pull out of the corners.

You may want to consider an FMF Power Core titatium silencer. I was in the grocery store today reading an article on it in the latest Dirt Bike magazine. At $299 it seems like a nice alternative for someone who may not have the dough for a complete system.

i run fmf and PC on my yz250...fmf better for all around perfomace..pc is more a mid range pipe..so fmf is awesome

me too,

I also use an fmf ( factory 4.1 ) full exhaust system,

In my opinion these are great exhausts, wether you buy just the slip-on or the whole system.

I found that the power increase realy picked up around the 2nd - 3rd & 4th gears, it seemed that these gears seemed to rev out a lot longer, and also picked up a bit better throttle response from the system too!.

Good Luck With The Choice...

FMF makes a great product, I have run the Factory 4, 4.1, and now the 4.1 duals. I have been satisfied with every one of them, and have a powerbomb and factory 4 that i could make you a deal on. the shell on the muffler is a little beat up, but other than that it is in perfect condition.

Dr.D pipes are my preference. and if you want more HP for less, try a cam or AP mod or iCAT. Less expensive than than a pipe for sure.

i would stay away from icat's, i had one on my 05 and it was made wrong so that it had a faulty connection and caused it to cut out the motor, i almost ended up in the hospital that weekend :thumbsup:

when we called them about it they said that they are recalling them because of that and have not been able to solve the problem yet