Sign in to follow this  

best way to pop a whelley

Well the best way to pop a whelly on a xr100 is easy. Have the clutch (on left side of handle bars) pulled in and rev the bike really high.... make sure your in 5th gear to. Then dump the clutch. The key is to have the bike revved really high when you let the clutch go... because you don't want to stall it.

Ask your English teacher how to spell first, moron.

What's a whelley??? Is it kind of like, "I popped a guy in the face, then he popped me back about ten times and gave give a bunch of whellies? Once, I had a whelley on my belly and the doctor had to pop it. Is it Australian for wet willie? :thumbsup:

Stand up off the seat with your feet on the ground, put the bike in 2nd, give it full throttle, then dump the clutch. Have a buddy take video.

Edit: DO NOT let go!

Stand up off the seat with your feet on the ground, put the bike in 2nd, give it full throttle, then dump the clutch. Have a buddy take video.

:ride::applause::applause::thumbsup:

put on your riding gear, get rolling, in 2nd gear pull in the clutch and give it about 1/2 throttle and drop the clutch. keep your right foot covering the rear brake and if it comes up to fast tap the rear brake and pull the clutch back in.

take it slow and you can get more aggressive as you get more comfortable with it.

ROFLMAO :applause::applause::thumbsup::ride:

first learn to spell wheelie.

then, start slow, with small hops.

in 2nd, give it a lil gas and dump the clutch...the front will hop up a lil bit.

get to the point where you can hold the gas on, and the wheelie will stay up for a few feet, but you'll be accelerating.

once you get good enough, you can get to "balance point", or the point at which your not accelerating in the wheelie, just at a set speed.

for this, your gonna want to have "brake control" or, the ability to hit the rear brake if your going to fall backwards. the brake will bring the front down.

once you get BP, and start slowing the wheelies down, the sky is the limit: