Sign in to follow this  

need info 2002 Husaberg FE 400 E dose anyone no if they r a good bike

i have a 1999 dr 650 and a guy wants to trade me strait up for a Husaberg FE 400 E is it a good deal both bikes r in good shape need comments back asap thanks

I personally don't know much about them. I have a friend that has one and loves it. I think they have KTM roots or are some how related.

I personally wouldn't want to own one older than 04. The quality and reliability wasn't nearly as good compared to the newer ones. However, if you are willing to look into more details, check out husaberg.org. The berg will weigh about 100lbs less than that Dr 650 and be way more fun in the trails.

Agreed. There were some significant changes beginning in '04 that greatly improved reliability. And yes, tons of the parts on my '04 450 are KTM parts....swingarm, exhaust, hubs, wheels, controls, etc.

Mine is the oldest model I've ridden so I can't speak too much about the pre-'04 models, but I can tell you that I really love my bike!

The only thing I've heard about the Berg 400, is that its kind of a dog...however, coming off you DR650...it will likely feel like a light little rocket ship. There are some engine upgrades that the factory covered for a while on pre 03 models to bring the bike to 03 spec...you should find out if those upgrades have been done...ie: double bearing counter balancer, new rockers, new connecting rod and bearing, new cam, couple of others that I cant think of right now.