I need some help!

Here is my problem...I have been riding dirtbikes for the past couple years (since I was 10, and im now 16) All the riding i used to do was on trails, and just on my farm with some friends. Now, most of my friends are hanging up there boots because they just are "growing up", and so i have no one to ride with, so i want to race motocross. The thing is im a little big like in height and around the gut (6'2" and i weigh about 250 pounds). Now i now i can work around the height on a bike because Travis Pastrona is really tall and he threw down a double backflip! But one thing that i can handle is the being fat, because you just cant be big like that ian race.I really try hard to eat good , and i don't drink pop, all i drink now is Tea and Water. My activity level is okay , and by that i mean i am always doning something like swimming or playing basketball or sometimes i lift weights. The new basket ball season is coming up and that will add to the work out. My goal is to get to about 185-195 pound by nex seeason. I am open to all oppinions on this. Im also hoping to start a little program tomarrow, so i need alot of help today. Thanks

P.S.. I know that this should go in another forum, but maybe you guys could help... i need to get a bike to race on, but i don't have a job and i cant get one because basketball, what should i do in this situation

The best way to loose fat is cardio you should be doing 30 to 45 minutes a day. I used the elliptical glider for cardio my self. Sometime I will use the treadmill. The bike is worthless IMO. You want to get your heart rate to 85% of max. I would opp not to lift weights until I got to the weight I wanted. Lifting will cause you to gain weight. Yes it is muscle and muscle helps burn fat but I think it is best to just do cardio to start with. I would recommend not eating any carbs within about 6 hours of going to bed. I would limit the tea especially if it is sweet to maybe 2 glasses a day. You need to eat good carbs not pizza or white bread. If you will change your diet and kick up the cardio you will loose the weight and gain the endurance for riding MX. I started in Feb of 06 at 140lbs I’m 5’11’’ I started doing cardio for 30min a day 7 days a week in about 12 weeks I was 195lbs I have started lifting now and do cardio 4 days a week. It’s not easy but it can be done. I have a friend that is a personal trainer that helped me. I would also recommend working abs lower one day and upper the next. I don’t count my ab work out I just do 3 set of as many as I can do. I hope this helps

Well the tea is what i drink once every morning ...it is only unsweetened lipton original ice tea...and i don't add a thing..after that it is only water, milk, or juice...(milk at school for lunch)...um...i think one of my bigger problems is portion control, but i was wondering what u guys to so u are sure to eat the right amount...???...Oh...i don't eat fast food..so i know that is good...i also started my cardio training today...i jogged 30 minutes before school...and im gonna jog actualy here in a minute......also im going to start posting every thing i eat/ drink...so if ya wanna help there that would be good...

This is a good site it works I used it myself. http://www.bodyforlife.com/nutrition/index.asp

I used the nutrition section. Buy the book you can get it at books a million or wal mart. Portion control is the main part of you diet. You will be amazed at how much you over eat. here is a food list. http://www.bodyforlife.com/nutrition/foodlist.asp

Hershell...all i can say is that you are great...thanks for the good post...i thought this would ...and could be a cool thread ...it needs a new title .."One rider, and his battle with obeasity..."(sp?)....i really don't consider my self obease(sp?)...but i guess i really am....anyway...i jogged 1 mile and walked a half to day...i could of kept going but i didn't have time......Thanks again for the sites