Sign in to follow this  

another boot question

i noticed on the Sidi's and the new 661 boot and other boots, that they have a hinge.. sp.. on the outside of the boot.. what does the hinge.. sp.. do? and is it that much better than boots that dont have them.. and is it worth the extra $$ ?

Well the hinge makes the boot more flexible so that you can hit the rear brake and shifter easier but it also will keep your ankle from bending too much. I have some boots with a hinge and they are great. (A.R.C. MX220)

The hinge is there to allow more flexabillity for your ankle. Sidis are very comfortable for a Motocross boot. The moving hardware's also replacable. I'm on my 2nd set in 4 years. And will be buying a third when these wear out.

Yes they are worth it!!

Bruce

The hinge is there to allow more flexabillity for your ankle. Sidis are very comfortable for a Motocross boot. The moving hardware's also replacable. I'm on my 2nd set in 4 years. And will be buying a third when these wear out.

Yes they are worth it!!

Bruce

im looking at the sidi crossfires but the sizing i see they dont have a 12 just 11.5 or 12.5 do they run alittle small or big i wear a 12 and unsure which to order dont want them to be to big you have any info on this thanks.