Sign in to follow this  

Tech 8 Boots

went shopping yesterday to try on some tech 6's just wondering if anyone else had a pair of these and how they liked them. before i go out and spend 290.95 dollars of my hard earned summer job money on some? :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Which one? Tech 6 or Tech 8?

Well, if you are asking about Tech 8, i was abslolutely "not amused" about them. perhaps for mx, but never for Enduro or Trail riding. The sole is crapy, the plastic protections to stiff and therefore they broke after some month's use - then the water flushed in. it's a waste of money

Now i have a pair of the "Sidi Raptor", my pal has "Gaerne". Top material!

I wear the tech 6 and they are real comfortable and hold up well.

Which one? Tech 6 or Tech 8?

Well, if you are asking about Tech 8, i was abslolutely "not amused" about them. perhaps for mx, but never for Enduro or Trail riding. The sole is crapy, the plastic protections to stiff and therefore they broke after some month's use - then the water flushed in. it's a waste of money

Now i have a pair of the "Sidi Raptor", my pal has "Gaerne". Top material!

tech 6

My son has worn the Tech 6.. sole cracked, leather cracked. I'm on my second set of Tech 8's... Will not buy another. Buckles have broke twice on this new pair. Boot is not all the comfortable. HEAVY. Sole is easily worn out. Over all a 7 for this boot. Not terrible,, but room for improvement. Not sure what is next.

I have a pair of tech 6's. they are a great boot for the money. Mine have held up great. I think they're pretty comfortable, but I'm sure if I tried on some more expensive boots I wouldnt be saying that. :thumbsup:

Buy them, you wont regret it.

oh and who is charging you 290 bucks for them? They usually go for around 250.

i have had tech 6's for years i love them there pretty worn but not broken i just replaced the metal toe cap. tech 6's they are very comfortable

i was looking at the gearne sg-10s but i think those will be a bit too much. oh and how do you pronounce Gearne? jern? garnee? oh well. from one place with tax were going to be like 280 or 290. but i found a good deal on www.motoworldracing.com boots, freee sox, free shipping, it came out to like 270 sumthin.

ive gone to a yamaha shop in a ton near me and tried them on. i think they are nice and comfortabel. i hope it orks out good becasue im gunna order them tonight!!

how in the heck do you pronounce garnea? or whatever?

I have an almost new pair of Tech 8's in size 8 white that I would part with for a good price if someone wants them. They are very nice boots.

I just came back from my third ride with My SG10's. They are so comfy and stable. I am coming from Tech 8's. I would say SG10's all the way. You can get the 06' for about $275.

I have the Tech 8's and have had no problems whatsoever.

I went out the other day to try on the Sidi Crossfires and they may be built great (and look good) but for my foot shape, they are the worst fitting boot I've ever tried on. My foots a lil' wide (still don't need EE shoes though) and I have a high instep.

I may check out the SG10's when the Tech 8's wear out.

My son has worn the Tech 6.. sole cracked, leather cracked. I'm on my second set of Tech 8's... Will not buy another. Buckles have broke twice on this new pair. Boot is not all the comfortable. HEAVY. Sole is easily worn out. Over all a 7 for this boot. Not terrible,, but room for improvement. Not sure what is next.

you must have just had bad luck with boots then. i have tech 8s...love them.

. i have tech 8s...love them.

Ditto...I have been wearing Tech 8's since '99 no complaints other then the old sole design, which A-Star fixed a couple of years ago.

Both my boy and myself have Tech 8's, and couldn't be happier.

Ther're the most comfortable boot we've had on (we were just talking about that yesterday when we were changing out of our gear............).

I have Tech 6 boots I think there great wouldn't trade them out. I've had them 1yr and I also trail ride all the time they wear great.

i have gone from tech 6 to tech 8 and back to 6. also rode with a brand new pair of the new sidis. i like them all but I wanted a little lighter boot than the tech 8 so i got 6. they work good. i like sidi and they look cooler but they werent at my shop yet and i think more $??