Sign in to follow this  

asterisk or evs

witch one would be better 4 me

i have a really short inseam and i wear a 13 in alpinestar

so the brace will be in my boot for shure

looking for people who wear either brand

I am taller than your average rider and wear asterisk braces. I can't comment on whether they would pose any problems with fit as mine sit just above my boots.

What I can tell you is that as a result of a previous serious knee injury I was told by my surgeon that my racing days were over and advised that I should never ride off road in any form again.

I truely believe that had I not invested in my braces that this information would have been accurate.

I have lost count of the number of times I have felt only minor pain after tweaking my knee in situations where I am convinced that had I not been wearing them I would have had further serious injury.

I have worn them in brutal conditions, fallen heavily directly onto them, and pretty much put them through every test in race conditions that you can think of for over three years now and they have never let me down.

I cannot recommend them highly enough and to be honest knowing what I know now I would pay double the price for a pair given the service that they have given me.

The best way to figure out whet brand is for you is to take your boots along to a dealer and try the braces with them before you part with any cash.

Hope this helps.

I have a 29" inseam and wear the Asterisk braces. They fit just inside my boot tops, no problem. Dirt Rider just did a big test on knee braces, the Asterisk was the clear winner. October issue, pg 143 reviews the new lace-up design.

Asterisks are better in preventing knee injuries, so id recommend Asterisk*!

As far is comfort goes im not sure, but id so go to a local dealer and try it on there before u buy :thumbsup:

Asterisks have treated me very well. I had ACL replacment in October and so far so good. I will not ride off-road without them.

So a better question might be....are they good at *preventing* injuries or made to stabilize knees that have previously been injured so you can keep on riding. I know when braces first came out that allowed snow skiers to keep skiing, people were buying them "just because" and then the medical community came out and said that "they were doing more harm than good" if you didn't actually need them due to a previous injury.

Also, would you recommend them for trail/desert/enduro type riding or are they clearly designed for the track?

Thanks..

So a better question might be....are they good at *preventing* injuries or made to stabilize knees that have previously been injured so you can keep on riding. I know when braces for came out that allowed sno skiers to keep skiing, peple were buying them "just because" and then the mediacal community came out and said that "they were doing more harm than good" if you didn't actually need them due to a previous injury.

Also, would you recommend them for trail/desert/enduro type riding or are they clearly designed for the track?

Thanks..

Recommended for any type of riding. Anything is better than nothing, but they won't guarantee that nothing will happen. I still managed to tear my left ACL with my Asteriks on. I'm thoughly convinced I would have completely blown the knee out without them on, very glad I had them. Now, I get to replace my left one with a custom fitted CTi2 :thumbsup:

I wear asterisks and love them. I don't know if they are good at preventing injuries or not but I feel alot more confidence when I wear them. I dislocated my knee cap a few years ago and I will not ride without them. I think they are very comfortable and I don't even realize I am wearing them after a short time. I ride desert and single track. I can't comment on EVS's because I have never tried them.