Sign in to follow this  

scared back to red...

Last night my crank went thru the cases while in the air..wheel locked up..and clutch was gone...luckily when i landed..i just skidded to a stop...

looked under the bike...and the crank was hanging out of the cases...

i was already to buy a new 07....but..that really scared me...think i'm going back to Honda..

Did you mean the crank? How many hours on the bike and what are you going to do with the bike? Kawasaki should cover the engine due to the bad pins. I just replaced the pin and piston in my bike for this reason and it's good I did the pin was getting galled and looks like it would have snapped if I ran it any longer. I have about 75 hours on my bike. The best part of all is you didn't wad after it blew. :thumbsup:

sorry....i meant "crank"...i have 48 hours on the bike...i replaced the piston and pin at 40 hours..and...the stock piston and pin looked great..it will be torn apart in a few days..and i will know exactly what happened at that time...

sorry....i meant "crank"...i have 48 hours on the bike...i replaced the piston and pin at 40 hours..and...the stock piston and pin looked great..it will be torn apart in a few days..and i will know exactly what happened at that time...

Why should you have to even touch the inside of the motor so early, I mean come on, its a 2006 bike? The bike is brand new still, I think Kawasaki needs to get there shit together here, go with a Honda or Yamaha and be done with it, you will never have to touch the pistons for a VERY long time.

Yeh on honda's you wont have to replace pistons, just better check your valves every ride...... Yamahas on the other hand hold up. But go look at the midwest forum, a fellow rider just blew his motor on an 06 yz450f also.

None of these bikes are bulletproof. They all carry their risks, it's just a different risk with each brand. You can't get the hp and performance these bikes are getting without pushing the envelope, so we have to take that risk to ride them. Think about what the redline is on your average automobile or even a performance automobile and think about redline on these modern 4 strokes. Bad things sometimes happen when you push a motor that far.

Yep,

There is risk in any of these motors....they are RACE motors, period. With love and care, they last amazingly long but they do require care. How you ride also plays a big part of how long things last, hehe.

Oh, and the Honda Valve issue is a bit overrated these these days. It reall y has not been a major problem since 04.

I agree with KARTERRON. There are good and bad in all. I had a CRF450. Great bike. Sold it and purchased a KX450. I feel it is a better bike. I think any of the Japanese bikes are great, its all in what a person wants and how he maintains it.

got the motor apart today.....there is not one part inside the engine that can be saved....it destroyed everything...

getting a cr250? i think alot of people under-estimate the "slow" cr250..maybe the lack of power makes it easier to hang on to..

you could probably buy a nice left over YZ,CR or RM 250 2-stroke for what its gonna cost to fix that thang..

go yam if u decide 4stroke

I dont know how slow the cr250's you have ridden are but my stock 01 cr250 will keep up with my brothers brand new kx450 every where except top speed. They are both standard including gearing. But i will give the kxf points for being the best bike to ride i have been on.

Why should you have to even touch the inside of the motor so early, I mean come on, its a 2006 bike? The bike is brand new still, I think Kawasaki needs to get there shit together here, go with a Honda or Yamaha and be done with it, you will never have to touch the pistons for a VERY long time.

Get their shit together come on. Its a damn machine, shit is going to happen. Granit this sucks for ol boy, but hey its an 06. Look at these bikes, they are incredible, they rev so fast, their is only so much it can take. You think Honda and Yam is the answer. Come on look at Yami recalling 250f valve trains. Lets get real, all these bikes are so close it is amazing. You cant tell the difference unless you are carmichael, being said, if you could tell the difference someone would be buying your bike for you.. Go get a honda. See if they cover it if anything happens. I have worked for dealerships with all manufactors and Kawi is by far the most generious with covering stuff that shouldnt be covered.. They dont need to get their shit together. If your that conserned with who the best is, look at all the companies annual report, then youll see that Kawi heavy industries kills the rest of the comp.

wake up dude,they had to have suzuki help them build a bike, but kawi also has helped a lot guys out with this little crank problem. with that said I might get a 07 kawi

wake up? they didnt have to do anything. The merger was to help boost sales for both kawi and suzuki, not because they couldnt produce a championship bike.

Bubba did it on a 125. You cant compare a stock bike to a factory ride. That bike vill is riding is nothing like a stock kx250f.

Do you have a pic of the broken crank and cases?

i called Kawasaki to see if i could get any help with this problem...

The lady(very nice) told me i needed to take my bike to an authorized Kawasaki dealer to have it checked over by them...

I took it in on Sat... and the mechanic told me that i was the 4th person that he knows of have this happen to them(all kx450f's) and that Kawasaki covered the cost for all 3 bikes 100%....If they do that for me(i will know on Tue.) i will have nothing but good things to say about Kawasaki and will most likely buy an 07... hopefully they have learned from this mistake and have corrected the problem in the 07's