Sign in to follow this  

Lower Crankshaft Pin!!!! NEED An answer quick!!!

On the CRF450R does the lower pin need to be welded to the counter balance so each balancer doesnt get uneaven from eachother or are the just left the way they are and not wellded. It would be nice if someone could tell me this quickly cause we are doing this at the moment.. Thx soo much!!!

most of the time the pin does not have to be welded on the crf 450 the stroke is short enough that they usally dont move

Ok good lol cause we did put it together and it went fine we got both sides even and pressed it togher in the shop press.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone weld up a crank pin on a dirtbike of any kind.

yes, on the 250 stuff we press together with an increased pressed fit --then true up , then weld the pin in, then do the finish balance with the balancer and assemble,

the 450 honda is very good and generally does not have a problem ,

the kxf 450 can be bothersome also :thumbsup:

Well when we put the cranshaft in between the cases it fit perfectly and it was dead on, so ther shouldnt be a problem. And ya like i say we didnt weld it and when we took the old one out that wasnt welded tot the balancer either so yep, Thx for the reasurence. :thumbsup: