Sign in to follow this  

Jetting kit for a DRZ400SM

I have an almost stock Suzuki DRZ400SM and I am looking at putting a jetting kit in it. When I say almost stock, the baffles have been removed from the rear of the muffler by the previous owner.

The bike runs well except for some popping on deceleration and it "flutters" when held at a constant speed of around 60 MPH. I would like to improve the overall performance throughout the entire rev range if possible, rather than sacrificing mid range torque for top end horsepower.

I will be doing the 3x3 air filter box mod and I was wondering what would be the best kit and setup to suit my purpose. All of my riding will be done at around 150 feet above sea level and I can't see myself going any place much higher than that.

I see that there are kits from Dynojet, JD and FMF and I don't know which one to choose. Does the SM use the same kit as the S and what is the difference with the Calif model? Are any of these kits more suitable to my requirements than the others?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

fmf is the same as a dynojet kit.just repackaged.

dynojet has 2 seperate kits for S and SM.cali models only matter if it a 04 and newer E modle.

JD just released a kit for the SM.

i have not used one yet,but his kits are always a good choice.