Sign in to follow this  

Sept 1-3 Indian River area

Camping off of M-68 near Indian River and looking for someone (any skill level) to ride with on any of the trails in that area (Tomahawk, Red Bridge, Black Lake, etc.). I would consider dual sporting if there is no interest in trail riding, leaving early Thursday morning. 734-845-1225

Where are you camping? There is a group of us that are talking about camping up that way. We were talking of Weber Lake but I have my doubts that we will all get in there next weekend. Is wherever your camping have room for say 5 rigs (3 campers and 2 enclosed trailers) Is that an actual campground or just someones place.

I am still not sure if we are camping this weekend but as the week rolls on I should know more. If we end up there your more than welcome to ride with us. Ill have my kid with me so It will be at a slower pace.

Camping off of M-68 near Indian River and looking for someone (any skill level) to ride with on any of the trails in that area (Tomahawk, Red Bridge, Black Lake, etc.). I would consider dual sporting if there is no interest in trail riding, leaving early Thursday morning. 734-845-1225

I'm still hoping to get up there for at least 1 day to ride Tomahawk.......I'll be monitoring this thread throughout the course of the week to see what's up......

Where are you camping? There is a group of us that are talking about camping up that way. We were talking of Weber Lake but I have my doubts that we will all get in there next weekend. Is wherever your camping have room for say 5 rigs (3 campers and 2 enclosed trailers) Is that an actual campground or just someones place.

I am still not sure if we are camping this weekend but as the week rolls on I should know more. If we end up there your more than welcome to ride with us. Ill have my kid with me so It will be at a slower pace.

I'm staying in a private campground, but I'm thinking Weber lake will have opening's, I could keep a eye on it and call you if it fill's up. There's also a plan B, I found many campsites on state land off of dirt roads north of M-68 some with open clearing's, this is where I plan on spending sometime with my son riding his pw-50.

I just got back from four days of my bother-n-law trying to kill me on the single track at Tin cup and riding at Evart and would really enjoy a slower pace, let me know if you guys are up there, I would tag along.

I'm still hoping to get up there for at least 1 day to ride Tomahawk.......I'll be monitoring this thread throughout the course of the week to see what's up......

Give me a call if you plan on camping at Weber lake, I will pull out the tent and camp rustic, so I have someone to drink a beer with after riding.

I'm staying in a private campground, but I'm thinking Weber lake will have opening's, I could keep a eye on it and call you if it fill's up. There's also a plan B, I found many campsites on state land off of dirt roads north of M-68 some with open clearing's, this is where I plan on spending sometime with my son riding his pw-50.

I gotta make some calls to friends to see what is the plan for the weekend. I may take you up on the checking out Weber lake thing. If I go I am gonna get up there Thur night and Friday morning try to reserve 3 other sites for friends for latter in the day.

I have a backup plan also. There is a field south of there a little bit where the CCC stages. My friend has permission to camp there. Or heck I can just set up camp out in the woods somewhere on state land. Thats totaly legal also with the correct permit.

I just got back from four days of my bother-n-law trying to kill me on the single track at Tin cup and riding at Evart and would really enjoy a slower pace, let me know if you guys are up there, I would tag along.

Man and you didn't even call me....Some friend you are....lol

I would of loved to help your brother-in-law run you into the ground out there. Those are some premo trails.

Ill keep an eye out for this thread and see what happens as the week goes on.

Well its looking like I will be at Weber Lake this weekend (if I can get a few spots)

If my phone works there (big if) you can call me at 616 402 8809. Otherwise show up and look for a green ford ranger with a pop-up camper and 2 crf's.

Well its looking like I will be at Weber Lake this weekend (if I can get a few spots)

If my phone works there (big if) you can call me at 616 402 8809. Otherwise show up and look for a green ford ranger with a pop-up camper and 2 crf's.

I think my cell phone only works in spots, I will stop by Thursday night and check out Weber lake camp ground, hopefully run into you guys Friday (dark blue F150 crew cab).

I think my cell phone only works in spots, I will stop by Thursday night and check out Weber lake camp ground, hopefully run into you guys Friday (dark blue F150 crew cab).

There is a good chance that if Weber is full that we will be here.

The Tomahawk ride use to stage off of a road just north of that

property. It's a seasonal road, that connects at the 5 way just north

of the property. Get on Peet Road, where MaGee and Springvale

intersect, head east on Peet for 3/4 mile (it branches off to the

left). Ends up on a big hill with lots of room for camping and the

trail passes right through there. Not RV friendly, but pickups are

easy.

There is a good chance that if Weber is full that we will be here.

OK, I see the area you are talking about, where the Mccct crosses Peet south of Weber Lake and I will look for you there, if your not at Weber Lake.

See you up there! :thumbsup:

I can go, and have the chance to go up thursday until sunday, but I passed up. I hope you guys have a good time.

Hey, perhaps next time. :thumbsup: Sorry you can't make it.

Hey had a good time riding with you XR. I ended up riding the C loop with the boy Saturday and the B loop with him Sunday. Hes doing really good out there. I think he finially got his single track fix.

I really appreciate you and your son letting me tag along, I had a good time and I tried not to hold back your son to much. I picked up some good trail advice from your camp that I put to good use very early Sat morning, Thank you for the invite.