Sign in to follow this  

3x3 mod Q's

if i don't jet my 06 SM right away, will the 3x3 mod make it run too lean? it already runs a little lean(most says it's normal from factory). but i want to do the 3x3 and jet it, but dealer isn't open yet! is it safe to 3x3 and wait a couple days to jet it?

and if i make to hole smaller to start 2x2 would it be better(less lean) than going 3x3 right away? would bigger than 3x3 be beneficial if going big bore(450+cc) in future, or is that the biggest it'll ever need? thanks!

--keith

if you have the total itch to cut a hole, cut the hole to 3x3 and cover it up with duct tape until you install the jet kit.

how do i factor in altitude with the recommended jet kit for the FCR, 3x3 and a full exhaust? im in ohio(not sure elev.) but just move needle clip position, or am i changing pilots/mains again to compensate? you seem to be one of the more knowledgeable ones, so i figured id ask. im new to high tech 4-strokes, but i've always jetted my 97+ 2-stroke race bikes myself.

and im gonna get the FCR right away, but can i tune a 41mm FCR to run a lightly modded SM and the big bore kit of my choice? i won't go big bore until i need to rebuild(long time) probably, but would like to get everything ASAP. will it run the stock bore cylinder with a header, slip on, 3x3 ok with the jetting corrected? and still be fine for the 490whatever big bore? sorry for being redundant, but i'd like to know options and don't want to buy a 39mm carb then go 49X big bore THEN need 41mm or something. THANKS!

--keith

im at 1000-1100ft in elevation. i wanna do a 3x3 kit and jet it for now. im gonna get the jets tomorrow a.m. from the dealer. what do i buy for this setup? i'd like to run as strong and durable as possible. what should i expect from this very mild tune? less driveable at certain rpm's? or more power and same flexability? i do longer trips down to cincinnati, and cleveland which are 500ft(cle) and not sure cincinnati's alt. should i see negative effects there. or is it as flexible as i'll need? thanks, thanks, thanks!

--keith

it may make an intake noise. may sound louder, but its an airflow mod mainly. on my subaru, you can hear the boxer sound more audibly than with the stock air intake. but it flows more air for better performance probably exactly like the DRZ mod.

--keith

how do i factor in altitude with the recommended jet kit for the FCR, 3x3 and a full exhaust? im in ohio(not sure elev.) but just move needle clip position, or am i changing pilots/mains again to compensate? you seem to be one of the more knowledgeable ones, so i figured id ask. im new to high tech 4-strokes, but i've always jetted my 97+ 2-stroke race bikes myself.

and im gonna get the FCR right away, but can i tune a 41mm FCR to run a lightly modded SM and the big bore kit of my choice? i won't go big bore until i need to rebuild(long time) probably, but would like to get everything ASAP. will it run the stock bore cylinder with a header, slip on, 3x3 ok with the jetting corrected? and still be fine for the 490whatever big bore? sorry for being redundant, but i'd like to know options and don't want to buy a 39mm carb then go 49X big bore THEN need 41mm or something. THANKS!

--keith

Im in ohio and the elevation was 1001 above seal level.Where you from in ohio.

im in medina. what about you? what kind of riding are you into? pm me if you wanna ride! my friend justin has a drz but not SM, we go looking for fun mostly. my brother and i ride backroads and such locally.

--keith

Im right outside of columbus..I do mostly twisty riding down in southern ohio..Do trackdays etc....Love it down south though 377,56,668,78,etc..