Sign in to follow this  

big bore Q's on my 06 SM

with all the big bore kits, th FCR39 seems like the most suggested carb. is it better for the 499 or whatever kit it is to run say a 41mm FCR carb. or bore out the body of a 39mm if i already have a 39mm? i'd like to buy one carb for a slightly modded setup, that with a jetting change will be able to run the biggest bore kit made. any suggestions? thanks guys!

--keith

is that build you suggest a safe durable motor? stroking a big bore kit is $$ on top of more $$. is that the most powerful setup, or is it just more durable than the big bore bolt on kit? or is it better off going 490whatever big bore, and build for reliability?

i want a durable(like stock or better) big bore with flexible powerband(torque curve) that can run 89 octane gas and world peace and no starving children... oh wait i can't have EVERYTHING! but i do want an uber reliable monster build that can be my daily driver and track star if need be. what do i do? thanks again guys!

--keith

i was hoping for a best upgrade for the dollar idea. it has to be durable first. noticeably more powerful next, and price effecient to boot. like the 3x3 mod. cheap, effective, etc. what has the best track record so far as far as quality for price?

--keith

4mm big bore kit $450

RHC 187 cams $450

freewheeler stocker crank $525

39mm or 41mm (depending on motor package) fcr kit $525

RHC big valve ported head $1100

yosh ti pipe $700

Just telling the wife and friends that you only got a new pipe........Priceless

is that a super reliable engine? how often is it in need of a rebuild? that sounds like a great setup tho!

--keith

Where do you order this stuff from? Are there any other pieces I need, or do the big bores come with everything needed?