Sign in to follow this  

slow jet?

yes i read the pilot circuit sticky thread thanks Eddie, i have a 06 crf 450 and i did the accelerate pump mod with the 90 leak jet shaved the diaphragm rivet and hard wired the linkage, works awesome! my question i ride between 0-3000' above sea level it's been about 90 something degrees, the bike runs great mid to top end. my problem is slow to idle the bike wants to cut off, i tried turning the idle up and it still does the same thing i sure I'm opening the slide to far. so today i warmed the bike up and adjusted to below 1 turn out on the fuel screw and the idle picked back up over 1 turn out it would almost cut off, if the stock slow jet as Honda calls it or pilot jet is a 42 should i order a 40 ,38, 36??? unfortunately for me i have a 45, and 48 slow jets. thanks john

thanks eddie for getting back with me i also forgot to say that i also installed the zip ty adjustable fuel screw. i was doing some serching and i think i read something may be different with the differenc in the ends of the fuel screw as well. but i'll order some extra pilot jets tommrrow, i just didn't know if one size smaller would be enough so i'll order a couple and play with it. thanks john btw i think i still have that electrical switch for the drz i bought from you about 4-5 years ago sold the bike and never used it. thanks again john use to be drzwiz