Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Vert / Vor MSO

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys,

I'm new here and in need of help. I just purchased a 98

Vert. enduro from a guy in Canada. (I live in WA state).

The bike was never titled, licensed or apparently given an MSO to the original purchaser?? Anyway, all I've got is a bill of sale, which in this state, is close to worthless in claiming ownership. I'm hoping to plate this thing, and am obtaining all the necessary equipment to be legal. I doubt I'll be able to avoid an inspection, which will

be a hurdle for sure, but this lack of documentation prevents me from getting a title for 3 years. :ride: I've heard, it's possible to get it tagged now, just not titled. Being European, the VIN code doesn't give any "offroad only" indications, and I'm assuming an MSO wouldn't either. Figure with one in hand, an inspection might be unnecessary.

I'm curious if anyone here has seen a Vert. MSO? Better yet has one, they could show?? I'm feeling inclined to forge a document if possible. I've heard somewhere that Vert. or VOR MSO's looked pretty simple / unofficial? I'm kind of at a loss for other options, asside of a custom build that seems unnecessary, especially on an obvious factory bike.

Love this site and alla your experience that is shared.

Thanks for any help, :thumbsup:


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should talk to your local DMV to find out exactly what you need to register/title a USED motorcycle....many states only require a valid bill of sale, VIN inspection and either an inspection and/or signed document to prove conversion to street use....

Since this is not a new bike,but a "used off road bike converted to street use", the required paper work may be very different than for other situations.

You may also need proof of insurance too....

If you have not talked to the local DMV, do that now

A local bike dealer that sells either new and/or used dirt and dual sports bikes may be able to help you too...they may be able to do the VIN inspection and streetlegal verification for you..


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this