oil/tranny fluid change question...yes I searched....

ok, so I did a search but didnt find the answers to my Q's....I've got a 06 DRZs, time for an oil change....I plan to run Maxima Maxum4 oil, but not sure what weight to use...5/30, 10/40, or 20/50? It comes in 1liter bottles, I belive I need 2...correct?

also, plan to change trannsmission fluid, i want to run maxima MTL, but once again, unsure what weight to use and how much....75, 80 or 85wt?

I read earlier that you run the bike for 3-5min, check your oil level/drain and check the metal screen in the oil line. Any specific instruction to add?

Tranny: drain then re-fill? any specific instructiosn to add to this?

Thanks for anyone who can answer this for me.....

Same oil motor/trans.. DRZ does not have a separate trans like a CRF.

Your going to get a hundred replies on what oil is best. It's all been said.. do a search, you get more info then you can read. Everyone is an expert, and some of those actually have the experience to know what works. Figure out who you want to believe, and go that route.

Yes, it takes two QT's to fill

The oil line screen is a do once deal.. After each motor tear down. (or on a new motor it's never been checked on)

Look out for the o-rings at the oil filter,, the small one on the back side of the filter likes to get lost.

Do not panic when you see the casting marks in the oil filter cavity...they are NOT cracks.

I am not asking about what oil, just stating what I am using, i use maxima oil in my bikes and my 2st lawn equip.....maxima is the best stuff to use IMHO.

I just need to know what viscosities to use and how to properly drain/check/refil the bike so I dont goof it up. I'm thinking 10w40 sounds right.

Different question,, same answer.. But what the heck

15-50wt is what you should be using.. But of course your not going to find that in your choice of lube.

Check is,, Warm 3-5min, shut off, wait 3-5 min, level bike, check level.. Very picky if you want repeatable results.

I've not checked oil level in 3 years.. Oil is changed very often, if it's not leaking,, it has oil.. To each his own.

I am in plano, in-between mckinney and dallas. I got the 15-50 syn maxima stuff....better be good for 12.50 a bottle.

List Price: $12.26

Our Price: $11.03

You Save $1.23!

MFR Part #: 32901

Bit cheaper from the TT store.

I do not use the Maxima oil except for the two stroke lube.. so, it's worth is up to you.

Plano... ok,, about 188 miles from where I am..... It's just about 100 deg here right now.. The Boys bike and mine is loaded..... and it's time to ride.

I have only used it in my 2st MX bikes as well, but I've used HP2, bel-ray, castrol and maxima always had a cleaner motor and less worn TE when I'd rebuild the motors. Works for me....but may try motorex as that is supposed to be good stuff to. Have fun riding....hopefully the rain will head your way soon....kinda miggy here though, and that sucks.