Sign in to follow this  

Cam-chain tensioner?

Hey guys!

New member here, all the way up from Norway...

So long story short, I have always been on 2-strokes, but now I have bought a 2006 KXF450, and I must say it`s the greatest bike I`ve ever owned/ridden, just love the awesome power it produces!

But I also under stand that with a 4-stroke there is alot more maintenace, oil changes every 5hours, checking valves, the wrist-pin on the KXF and so on..

But now on to the Chain-tensioner..the thing I am wondering about is: it it "automatic" or do i have to manually adjust it every now and then? Keep in mind that I`m new att this 4-stroke thing, so I thought I would ask some stupid questions instead of owning a broken 450....

I have been reading the manual and alot on here to catch up on different maintenance issues, but really haven`t found anything on the tensioner..

Hope you can help a fellow rider..

(going to post som pics of the bike soon, after it has had all the cool parts fitted-like Black-Excel rims with gold hubs and so on... :thumbsup: )

She is automatic, the only time you adjust her is when you remove it from the engine. Just ride it and don't worry about the chain adjustment. I just replaced the top end on my fo-fiddy and it now purrs like a kitten until you rev it. I did notice that there is less noise in the engine and it has a snappier throttle. :ride::thumbsup: