Sign in to follow this  

I hurt my knee

I was riding, and layed my bike down...it was verry slick wet grass, and my leg got pinned, but my body spun off of the bike...twisting my knee...this just happend like 30 minutes ago... well i rode back home, and here i am....what should i do , i mean it is only sore to walk on. i didn't hear or feal a pop or tear sound so im assuming it has only been hyperextended, atleast that is the only thing i know to call it..,...please help...i should proabably put ice on it.

Ice, and rest with the foot elevated 8 inches above the heart. Also get an X-ray.

Thanks doc... i put some ice and i am elevating it right now, it was swelling a little bit , but not any more...i will just let it rest and give you som more information tomarrow.

Well, i decided not to go get an x-ray...becausemy knee feel fine now...i think i just tweaked it a little...luckily...it could have been alot worse...but there is no more swelling and i have no soreness, my range of motion is the same as the other knee, and i can jog up and down the stairs like normal...i think ight might be sore to marrow due to sleeping, and not moving around so we will see....thanks for the advice on elevating my leg...i new to do that , but not the proper height