Sign in to follow this  

New Supermoto guy

Hi,

I recently bought a new DRZ-400SM and man do I love this bike! I also just joined TT after reading about the Dirtrider bike and the replies in the latest DR mag. Any tips or suggestions would be very cool because this is my first 4 stroke and man am I overwhelmed. The info here is awesome but a little much for a 25yr. two-stroker, whoa!

im with ya man. im 26 now and remember mostly 2 strokes from racing. but four strokes are pretty cool, and easy to work on also. just more involved parts wise. a little easier to screw up if you're not careful unfortunately! welcome, and ask questions freely, people are super helpful here.

--keith

Cool, thanks, against my better wishes I did get a 4-stroke. I first tried my brothers KTM 525 and it felt really weird to me. I think that was more the KTM than the 4-stroke though. Anyway I was going to get an RMZ or KX-F but I really fell for the DRZ 'cause I can ride it to work!!!!

but I really fell for the DRZ 'cause I can ride it to work!!!!

oh yes, just one more thing to love about the DRZ, my daily work commute is about 70 miles :thumbsup:

The coolest part of my 30 mile commute to work is after the roads I get a few miles of old service road(dirt) and railyard gravel to get to the yard office and my locomotive

Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to ThumperTalk! :thumbsup:

a lot of guys are getting the DRC edge tail light for thier S & SM's

Nice easy install and makes the @SS of your bike look a lot cleaner...

I lub mine

Welcome aboard! My first four-stroke too, or motorbike for that matter. Lots of fun. I like my DRC Edge I tail light too, lots cleaner than the old shaker stick!

See you around.

I chuckled reading your sig, panaman.