Sign in to follow this  

yzf250 or crf250??

i ride trail and i do a bit of racing, i was wondering which one u chose? I'm 16, 6"0 and about 170 lb. thanks :thumbsup:

I love my CRF, but everyone who rides Yamaha is gonna say they have valve problems (I haven't encountered any). I heard the YZF is more reliable, and one downside to the CRF is the dual pipes, they're twice as likely to be smashed (avatar). Whats your favorite color, red or blue?

well im leanin towards the yamaha at the moment and blue is my favourite lol. do you think the yzf's the rite decision?

well im leanin towards the yamaha at the moment and blue is my favourite lol. do you think the yzf's the rite decision?

well, that depends on...you. if you feel it is the right decision then go for it. there is nothing wrong with getting either one. the yamaha yzf is a good bike.

:thumbsup:

well according to ur name u have a banshee...the yamaha banshee is the best quad ever made next to the 250r...yamaha and honda both make good stuff...but yamaha is more reliable that the honda

I'm not going to say anything, I like both the Honda and Yamaha, IMO, the Honda looks nicer, but I ride a Yamaha myself. Go with whatever you can get a better deal on, they both are pretty much awesome bikes.

The Yamaha has the better motor (5 valves and DOHC for the Yamaha vs 4 valves and SOHC for the Honda), but some have said that the Honda handles better. :thumbsup:

The dual exhaust setup on the CRF looks pretty cool. Im gonna say Yamaha, but you should check out both bikes and maybe even test ride them and then decide for yourself.

blue, I had a red.... lets just say it will be a long time untill I go back to a crf.

:thumbsup: Before you decide, factor in your dealer support. I'd go with whichever dealer is more "into" dirt bikes. They'll have the best parts support and knowledge. You can't really go wrong with either bike. :ride:

Im a yamaha man!! Tha comment was right, u really have to also look at the rider support. I would would ride red for my second pic though!

i would go with my yamaha my buddy has a crf and he is having tons of trouble with it i guess the valves for the crf get outta wack easy

well according to ur name u have a banshee...the yamaha banshee is the best quad ever made next to the 250r...yamaha and honda both make good stuff...but yamaha is more reliable that the honda

Are you kidding me? Sure, the motor was powerful, but next to a TRX450R or YFZ450, its nothing. For dunes, it's great. But, to make it as motocross-capable as a stock 450 quad, it'll take alot of suspension work. NOT the greatest quad ever made.

If buying an 06 I'd get the yamaha, but any other year I'd buy the Honda because they handle better and even though this may sound dumb and shallow, they look cooler :thumbsup: