Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen Clutch Cover

I ordered this a couple weeks ago. Its a really nice cover and the oil check bolt is way better than stock. But, mine leaks out the bottom. What it is is that the metal has small holes in it to begin with. So when they coat it with the paint ( im not sure what it is) it fills in the holes. Well that coating started to chip away inside of mine causing a leak in the bottom of it. I called them and they said to send it back and they will get me a new one, but i have a race on september 9, so ill probably hold off. The hole is probably smaller than a needle. I took a can of black spray paint and sprayed it where that coating was chipping away, and it seemed to seal up the leak. Ill see how it holds up.

I ordered this a couple weeks ago. Its a really nice cover and the oil check bolt is way better than stock. But, mine leaks out the bottom. What it is is that the metal has small holes in it to begin with. So when they coat it with the paint ( im not sure what it is) it fills in the holes. Well that coating started to chip away inside of mine causing a leak in the bottom of it. I called them and they said to send it back and they will get me a new one, but i have a race on september 9, so ill probably hold off. The hole is probably smaller than a needle. I took a can of black spray paint and sprayed it where that coating was chipping away, and it seemed to seal up the leak. Ill see how it holds up.

How much did it cost ? Taken into the count the leak problem, was it worth it ? How was the check bolt better ?

It was $76. I stripped the oil check bolt on my stock cover so i bought the boyesen, it seemed good and inexpensive. The oil check bolt isnt right on the metal. It has like an insert and is a phillip screw driver head so it would be real hard to strip out.

I think i just got a defective one. If you look on the bottom of the clutch cover (if theyre the same) You'll see a notch on the bottom, well mine is leaking out of the corner of that.