Short Guys Only!

I need an 07 Race bike with a good fit? (200,250,450CC)

Comfortable riding position. What bike fits you like a Glove?

Not just seat height, but :

Peg position - I hate having to be on my heels to shift or brake.

brake pedal & gear shifter -not made for Bigfoot

(my Yamaha must be designed for a Size 11-12 boot)

Most 125's are the same height as the bigger bikes - so don't suggest one unless you have the measurements handy.

My Stats: 5ft. 7in. (short/tall)

30in. inseam

boot size 9

I believe that I will be able to corner faster if I didn't feel so damn top heavy on those taller bikes. I haven't been on the aluminum frame Yamahas yet. I have heard that they feel small - to six foot guys. I am also considering a KXF 250.

What bike rocks your short little world? ?

I am 5'8.5" so 1.5" taller and my boot size is 12 tho but I ride a yz426 and I know the exact feeling your talking about. You all ways feel like you are gonna tip over but you will probably feel that way on just about every race bike until you get used to it that is what happend to me I just rode my bike as often as possible and now I feel right at home on it

just keep at it and you will get used to your bike

Stay clear of KTM's then if this is a big issue for you!

As a taller rider they are the only bikes I have got on and instantly felt at home without having to change top clamps or raise the bars or seats.

One of the guys I ride with has a CRF250 he is about 5ft 10in and replaced the bars with a higher bars and top clamp even so when I had a shot I still felt like I was struggling to keep my elbows up due to being so cramped on it.

oh yea the lowest seat height you are gonna find will probably be around 36" or so unless you get a lowering link or cut your seat or sub frame just FYI

and the shifter problem I think they make shorter shifters maybe? maybe I just imagined it

is it that you cant reach the shifter with your toe or is it that you cant lift it high enough if its the latter then just adjust it down

Stay clear of KTM's then if this is a big issue for you!

My new KTM is over an inch shorter than my old crf250x. I'm exactly your size at 5' 7" 30" inseam and my new KTM 250 xcf-w fits like a glove. I did get the EE super soft comfort seat which allows you to sink a bit farther and makes it feel lower. with that I can flat foot with the other foot on the peg. The rest of the ergos are just right also and I have the bars in the farthest forward position.

My crf250x also fit well as far as ergos went too, but was a bit tall stock. I had it lowered 1 1/2" and it was great but I didn't want to go that route again as my feet were more vulnerable and also didn't like the reduced clearance for the rocks.

To bad most dealers out here are closed on sundays. I would like to sit on the 07 KTMs. I hoping KTM will have another demo days at a west coast Hare and Hound, like last year. LR's Motozone took some bikes to Racetown 395 a few years ago for demo rides. I am strong KTM supporter for that reason.

Why Blue, Green, or Yellow doesn't do that, or do they? (red bikes are everywhere)

I'm 5'4" size 8 boots and my ktm450 (110 sag) has a lower seat height than my honda cr125 (105 sag).I can barely touch one foot tippy toed on the cr. I haven't measured the footpeg to seat/bar relationship but the ktm feels more compact. the ktm feels narrower also. I not 100% sure but i think the ktm's look the tallest on the showroom floor because of the no link suspension. In my experience the tallest bikes are the yamaha's. That said i'm saving up for a ktm 200xc for my next ride.

I'm 5'6" and 135#'s and I ride a crf450 for the des. and a rmz 450 for the track. I shaved my seatfoam which helped and did the usual suspension mods for both bikes. I also put the rg3 linkage on the rmz which was probably the best mod I did to make the bike take bumps and corner well. I pretty much just got used to all the other ergos the bike came with.

I'm 5-8 as well in street shoes, size 9 boots. While riding, I've never had any issues on any of the bikes I've had. Where I always get screwed up is if I stop in the wrong place. I go to put my foot down and realize I stopped in a place I can't reach due to an incline or whatever. It's caused me to fall over more times than I'd like to admit.

However, I had my KTM lowered an inch and it's made all the difference in the world. I can honestly say that there have been 10-15 times that I would have previously fallen over but have been just fine on the KTM. Also, I don't even have to worry about where I stop now because I can reach so well.

The guys at "3 Bros Racing" in Temecula did the lowering on my bike and the suspension is great for me.

Im 5'6 and I wear a size 10 and my 2007 200xc isnt bad at all. In the manual they say it is 213 lbs I believe that. i measured the seat height and it was 38 inches but I was amazed at that number. it feels so much lower.

I am 5'8" tall and dab the ground more than I care to admit. It is only a problem on those tight switchbacks when I am going a bit too slow. In that situation, I reach to put my foot down and get nothing but air. The thing is, my foot is at least 6" if not 12" above the ground given the off camber nature of this type of situation. So in that case it doesn't matter if my bike's seat height was an inch lower or not.

I think the tallest full size bikes, like the 2007 Husky I have on order, isn't more than 1.5" taller than a bike that is considered low to the ground. Yes it is nice to be flat foot while stopped, but if you think about it, that doesn't really mean much as riding is what counts. Once under way I actually prefer a taller roomier bike which is one reason why I ride Husky's.

A bike that would fit me like a glove? Probably a five year old XR250 . . .

Greg