Sign in to follow this  

Mich. dirt trails

I'm looking for some good ole dirt. We went up to the Mio trails a week ago and my buddies boy had a lot of trouble on the XR70 in that deep sand. Where are some good trails for a smaller bike, I've got a cabin to use near West Branch so anything out thataway would be best. Sure felt bad for the little guy (just turned 9) he really wanted to ride the trails.

hhmmmmm that is tough I usually ride atlanta numbber 9 trail there are spots of deeeeepppp sand and there is a strech of hard pack in the woods I rode with a kid on an xr 80 and he did alright and his buddy on a 70 somethin honda 70cc I dunno what it was. You may want to check out crapo creek I went a few years ago and it wasn't too bad

others will know more

That's tough. There is plenty of trail that his kid can ride on in the Mio/Hunt creek section, problem is there is sand that you need to go through to get to them. Another section that comes to mind is Maltby Hills, (sp)... It's part of the bull gap trail. Everytime I've ridden through that part of the trail system I see parents and kids on bikes. I see a lot of people camping there so you can get to it by car.

St Hellens is also a good trail for the kids. There are a few sandy stretches. But mostly its pretty good trail.

Horseshoe lake over on the west side is also a good kids loop. Lots of good ol black dirt.

At st Helen if you go to the trails on the south side of I-75, when you get to the main loops that cross woods road, stay on the trails to the east of woods road. i think they are less sandy.