Sign in to follow this  

Need a 2nd or 50th opinion, '06 rmz250 - Should I get it?

I havn't really looked to hard at the suzuki bikes in these last few years so I'm trying to get some opinions from you yellow riders. I am looking at buying a '06 rmz250 from a guy. It has ~35hrs on it and as the owner is sponsered by suzuki the valves were replaced every 10-12hrs. It has a full white bros carbon pro exhaust and RG3 suspension. He's offering to give me some spare parts: Exhaust system, valves, pistons, set of hotcams, and random pieces.

So, $3000 seem fair?

The suzuki motors run like crap after you get over 8000 rpm and have the worst suspension known to man. I got my RG3 suspension on my 05 and the 06 honda was better STOCK. I paid $800 for susp that wasnt as good as another bikes stock. its BS. wait till suzuki fixes their porblems. They have a long road ahead of them

The suzuki motors run like crap after you get over 8000 rpm and have the worst suspension known to man. I got my RG3 suspension on my 05 and the 06 honda was better STOCK. I paid $800 for susp that wasnt as good as another bikes stock. its BS. wait till suzuki fixes their porblems. They have a long road ahead of them

ya should have gone race tech i guess. The RMZ suspension is fine for aggressive riders but beginners like the plushness of the honda better. If you want honda style suspension then go with the 07 model (i guess thats the end of the long road ahead of them?).

a better question would be why would you sell your KTM to buy a kawasaki since technically thats what it is.

My KTM was stolen a little over a month ago.

Thanks for your input. I got to race the rmz in my second moto. The bike felt good, exp in the bottom rpms. The top felt kind of soft like it dropped off the power too fast. The suspension was set up for a rider that weigh a good bit less than me. It was definetly too soft for me. He is giving me the stock springs with the bike.

Should I leave the RG3 suspension in with stock springs, or should I just get the whole thing revalved?

enzo is the place to go for kayaba suspension....which is what the Suzuki's have..... rg3 is good but i heard that enzo is better....just what i heard i dint have experience with them mine has race tech and its awesome