Sign in to follow this  

Needed: VOR top end information and parts...

So I tried searching, but "top end vor" didn't really find anything of use...

I've got an '02 530 SMRC that, up here at 5,000 ft elevation, is showing about 85 psi on the compression tester. From what I hear, that's a little low. So now I'm looking for top end rebuild parts for the afore mentioned 'tard.

Any information would be definately appreciated as far as general information/things to watch out for or to replace while I'm in there, or leads on parts to do the work...

Oh, and I've got an '01 400 EN that's showing just over 100 psi on the tester, so it'll be due soon, too.

Thanks much.

Sounds Like Rings To Me,The RC Has A Non Mechanical Oil Pump And Doesnt Like Being At WOT For Long Periods,It Tends To Hurt The Rings.

I'd Be Inclined To Think About Doing Both Rings/Piston And A Top End.

Just Be Carefull As The Auto-Decomp Will Bleed Off Some Compression.

Are you just kicking it over with a gauge in the spark plug hole? if so you will need to dissconnect the decomp cable from the right side of the head to get a good reading.

Chances are valve train or decompresion issue.

SMRC..wow weren't many of those made! Did it come thru the old FunWheels Dealership?

Does 'Shane" in California still exist or did some one buy his parts supply out?

SMRC's were a little different than the standard 530's..even than the 530 MX's although the 530 MX parts should interchange.

Thanks for the help.

As far as auto decompression, the SMRC doesn't have it. Manual only.

Yes, I believe it came through the FunWheels dealership. They're not in business anymore- sold it to one of the employees and now he's doing something else, although he does remember the bike a little...

I did hear that there were only a couple hundred SMRC's built... Does any know anything about how many were actually made/imported?

Follow up question: The bike came with an extra head gasket (which is good, because although Dan has a piston, he doesn't have a head gasket), but the part number is different than what's listed in my manual...

505235380 is what I have.

505635380 is what the manual is suggesting...

Ideas?

There may have been 5 imported and 25-30 built. Period. There were more SME's..and they are based on the Standard 530-EN so those folks won't have any issues.

The head was different. But standard MX 530 stuff should cross over.

The head gasket part numbers are different because the gaskets ARE different.

There is a slim possiblilty the valves won't cross over from the MX version. I just can't remember anymore the specific differences in the head. I had a listing at one time but I'm afraid the landfill has it now.

I'll wait for VOR's to pop up on ebay and then stock up on stuff.

I know the primary gear ration is different. (From crank to trans)

They were the first production VOR with the Kehein Carb

Brad retired to Texas...he and his wife manage a hunting preserve down there now.