Sign in to follow this  

H-M trails

just wondering which trails everyone likes best.i have rode two different ones.

and if anyone was going riding soon.i live close to the coal river trails.later

I've only ridden Rockhouse but I loved it. If it wasn't so far (13 hours) I would go again.

I've been to Rockhouse (Browning Fork Trails) , Castlerock Trailhead (Pinnacle Creek trails), Rev. Compton Park Trailhead (Buffalo Mountain Trails), Waterways Trailhead (Little Coal Rivers Trails). Browning Fork seems to have harder trails for each difficulty level compared to the other places, but I think they're the most fun. Pinnacle Creek's green trails are ridiculously wide, fast, and easy (They're like two or three lane highways), but the black and blue trails are very fun. The Buffalo Mountain Trails are fun and pretty diverse in difficulty. The Little Coal River Trails are easy and not very fun for advanced riders unless with the family.

ya man,i have heard pretty much the same thing .the coal river trails are easy.i went to the dingess-rum trail and it was great.the single tracks are great there,and the black trails are pretty fun.

Shade,

Are you planning to go this weekend? I would like to try the Coal River trails. I need easy ones because I recently bought an XR400 and have not ridden in a several years. PM me if you can ride either Sunday or Monday.

The 199 trail on buffalo mountain I believe was the only difficult trail that I came across. It had some steep technical sections that if you fell you would probably fall off of one of the cliffs and die. There are some fun trails out there, but I wish I could have found some of the really hard ones. I did every orange that was in the Hatfield McCoy system, all pretty fun.

My brother just bought a house near Canaan Valley ski Area. i was thinking of taking a vacation down there. He is not from the area, but said there are suppose to be trails. Is this at all close to any good riding or these famed trails?

OT :thumbsup:

I would say it would be a 3 to 4 hour drive from there. All depends on what trail head you goto.

The 199 single track at buffalo mt. is very difficult if you travel north. Mostly uphill with steep spots. I didn't try the trail going south, but I'm assuming it's easier in that direction.

Yeah I traveled it north, definately puts hair on your chest. I was expecting harder, where I ride a lot of things seem almost unpassable. There was only one spot that I got stuck, going over that root that was cut with the chainsaw more towards the beginning, but I think that is just fear of dying tetering on a foot wide ridge. Does anyone know if there are any trails that are harder then 199? I would love to try them next year.