Sign in to follow this  

new brake rotor.

Lots of mud= solid rotor. If you're a brake dragger don't get one.

I have a Braking Wave rotor on my bike and I'm not impressed. It's pretty worn and hasn't been on very long.

Next I'll try a standard rotor from RM probably.

BTW- you can straighten the rotor with a 12" adjustable, just take your time.

My bike fell out of the trailer a few weeks back, so I needed a new rear rotor (along with a hub, and some other things) and I replaced it with an aftermarket one. It is not a wave, or a solid rotor.

It is shaped like a normal rotor, except with some square cuts in it, like this:

___----___----___

Except obviosly, the whole thing is round. I will take a picture of it tomorrow or wednesday and post it up on here. It works very well, it doesn't heat fade, and it works very well in mud.

I also have a braking wave rotor and ride in TONS of mud, this year anyways...and it has worked great for me. It also has little to no wear and this has been used for for all races and play rides. I would buy another. (i have them on both the front and rear).

I have a Galfer wave rotor. It's wearing just fine and works well in all conditions. I always use OEM pads. There are no equals.

I also have a braking wave rotor and ride in TONS of mud, this year anyways...and it has worked great for me. It also has little to no wear and this has been used for for all races and play rides. I would buy another. (i have them on both the front and rear).

What pads do you use? I was using OEM and it looked like the rotor was wearing fast so I switched to the Braking pads, which are supposed to easier on the rotor. Didn't see a difference in wear though.

I am using the EBC "S" pads front and rear as well.

Seems to be a good combo.

I had terrible luck with the stock rotors and pads.

Okay, I took some pictures of mine, it looks like this:

229706090_07bc3026cb.jpg

229705934_b8dad9688a.jpg

P.S. The pictures are clickable as always.