Sign in to follow this  

when to grip with your knees and when to grip with your legs

Well search isn't working like always.

Anyways on straights I am always gripping the bike hard with my knees. Coming into corners I am gripping with my legs and going off jump faces I am gripping with my legs. Am I doing it all right?

Ok nevermind search started working so will a mod please delete this thread.

Yeah, you are pretty much gripping every where you should.

But you probably know but you should be gripping hard with your knees in whoops and I grip hard in tight rythem sections(I suck at those) and hard landings,(sometimes) well not really grip but use my knees as friction soo I don't completely collapse.

Also another place I grip is when I sit down and my leg is extended is I grip with both my outside knee and inside knee. It helps me to stay stay centered on the bike while in a rut, and it helps lean the bike over easier. Also this might sound stupid but if there are tons of acceration(sp) in/out of the corner and I hafta sit in the corner, I kinda use my knees as a fulcrum and push up on the bars and lift my butt off the seat and get my head over the bars so my body isn't taking the punishment. I suck at explaining but hopefully you understand.

if there are tons of acceration(sp) in/out of the corner and I hafta sit in the corner, I kinda use my knees as a fulcrum and push up on the bars and lift my butt off the seat and get my head over the bars so my body isn't taking the punishment.

lol that's funny I actually do that too and feel stupid. Glad I'm not the only one

lol that's funny I actually do that too and feel stupid. Glad I'm not the only one

lol That's good you do that too. I'm just gald I am not the only one looking like a goon doing it.

Just too warn you I will offically stop responding to your posts once you get a CRF250R. You traitor. For all the things the YZ250F has done for you. Then you have to go treat it like crap and and get a CRF250R. The least you could do is buy a 04-06 YZ250F.lol

and hard landings,(sometimes) well not really grip but use my knees as friction soo I don't completely collapse.

That's very good advice, squeezing works wonders when you

over jump and flat land or come up short.

well either that or the 05 kawi :thumbsup: someones coming to check out mine tomorrow so we will see