Sign in to follow this  

04 525

I have a chance to buy an 04 525 for way cheap. At first i though to big, to heavy, but after looking into them, they seem quite practical. As of now, i'm not sure if its an exc or what, but its an 04 with not alot of hours. I race alot of hare scrambles and want to get into some hare and hound races, but also race moto in between. Will the 525 be a bit much comin off a 250f. Also, one of my major motivs is simple to buy and sell it for more. Think it would sell for around 4 grand in california?

Is it an EXC or an MXC? Maybe in Cal either has a similar value, up here in the woods the EXC is sought after and MXC much less so. Either is not great on the track but in more open country very popular bikes.

I run an 04 525EXC in the MRAN desert series out here nd love it.

As a serious mx'er........................eeeeehhhh...............

As a do-all playbike, I don't think you could do any better. They do have quite a bit of power, but if you shift it short, and pay attention to what you do with your right wrist, no problem.

i'm actually not sure of its modle. I havn't even talked to the seller, but i'll find out. I'd pretty much only be intrested if its a exc. Does the 450 cylinder bolt right on, or was someone BSing me.

My main goal is just to get it for cheap, put it up for sale and ride it till it sells. I'd have to make at least one trip to sand mt tho.

get it for cheap, put it up for sale and ride it till it sells.

Famous last words .... by the time you wipe the grin off yer face you'll realize ya' can't part with this one ... till ya' get another one. :thumbsup:

The 450EXC and 525EXC are exactly the same except for the cylinder, piston, cam grind and the sticker on the air box. All parts are interchangable. If you get a 450 and plan on doing any performance upgrades, just buy the 525 and keep it stock. I purchased my 04 525EXC at the end of 03 and I love it. In my opion, it is the greatest dirt bike ever made. A buddy of mine thought I was nuts for purchasing it, but now he's buyng an '07 (which is nearly the same bike).

i'm beggining to like these bikes more and more. When people say there bad for moto, is it like a " i cant go fast cause my bike" kinda thing, or is it really a bear to ride it hard? I'm sure if i can get holeshots and win motos in the 450 class on a 250f, i can do the same on a 525.