Sign in to follow this  

05 kawi suspension

So how do you guys like the handling on these bikes? I was dead set on the crf but it seems the 05 kawi may be more reliable than the honda? I just want something with better handling than my yzf, and I'm wondering how these bikes stack up. And don't say 06 because my budget isn't that big.

Well the most I want to spend is 1,500 because I need to be able to fix it if it blows up lol. So if my 250f sells for 2,500 then I have a buget of about 4,000. I can get an 05 kxf or 04-05 crf for that price.

My son has a 02YZ250F, I have an 05KX250F, after riding his bike for about a year, I was able to buy mine this summer. I won't even get on his bike now.

The Kawi is way better in handling IMO :thumbsup:

I would say get either a 2005 YZ250 or a 2003-2005 RM250 with your price range. Because they are cheap to rebuild(piston every 50 hours, crank every 100-200 hours or until it seizes) and they will handle way better than your YZ250F. And you won't have to worry about a $1000-3000 dollar bill when your 4-stroke blows up.

Also Kx250FRiDeR651, I know that your KX250F has been perfect. But always see and hear too many problems with KX250F's. So that is why I would not get a KX250F.

Well the 05 kxf seems pretty bullet proof compared to my other choice the crf. I don't really read a lot of bad things about the 05 kxf here.

i have an 05 kx250f that was ridden for a full year by an a rider...and i had no problems with except a cracked piston...i did go ahead and put valves in it while i was in there...other than that i have had no problems...just normal wear and tear. and i have race tech valves and the pro circuit linkage and they are by far the best thing i have done to my bike handling wise...not looks wise the black rims and hubs (powdercoated) with the gold spokes (also powdercoated) make me go fast i think..and the des nations graphics add at least 5 hps...anyone? anyone?

Ya this is most likely what I'll buy. Theres a couple for sale right now that look nice, but I don't get paid for my bike till Tuesday though.

Also Kx250FRiDeR651, I know that your KX250F has been perfect. But always see and hear too many problems with KX250F's. So that is why I would not get a KX250F.

well i wouldnt just not buy the bike because you read a few posts on TT that ppl had problems, everyone will have problems, lots of yamahas ive seen had motor problems as well, im sure half of them who had motor problems on the kx250f were newbs who rode the bike on the rev limiter due to the way some of there posts were (they had no clue about 4 strokes by the way they spoke)..not to mention the majority of the problems were with the 04' "FIRST YEAR BIKE"....anything can happen to ANY bike, you just got lucky and read a few problems outa the thousands of happy customers

I would just like to mention that honda owns probably 40% of the market so you are going to hear alot of the problems over Kawa and Suzuki. I owned the 05 RMZ and its exactly the same as the KXF. It was a great beg bike, but it was maintence nightmare. My 06 honda is amazing, a ton of power, better handling, and the suspension is wicked. The 05 kawa has Kayaba susp which SUCKS. my hondas stock Showa was better then my RG3 tuned 05 zook.