Sight Glass

Kawi's have historically had sight glasses on their MX bikes (2-strokes) and that carried over to their 4-strokes. Similarly Suzuki has always had check bolt holes on their two strokes and that carried over to their 4-strokes.

From all the threads about oil changes and checking levels and such, I think most everyone came to the conclusion to just put in the 1450cc of oil with oil & filter change and not to bother with the check hole thing. And those same people are changing their oil very frequently, like each ride or every two rides, so the amount of oil loss in that time would not be an issue, therefore no need to use the oil level check feature.

i'm planning to modify a spare clutch cover, putting a little circular window as kawasaki....but i don't know if it could be possible.

the stm is a good solution, and price is quite 100€, i.e. 130$, but i think that plexyglass and warm, could transform it during normal use.

I was watching Biker Build Off on Discovery last week. Mike Metzger and some other guy were tricking out a KX and a CR 250.

The other guy (can't remeber his name) used lexan covers on his CR.

He had trouble sealing after it warmed up.

Nothing a little RTV silicone won't fix.

Looks trick!

i'm planning to modify a spare clutch cover, putting a little circular window as kawasaki....but i don't know if it could be possible.

the stm is a good solution, and price is quite 100€, i.e. 130$, but i think that plexyglass and warm, could transform it during normal use.

I have a crf 250 with a STM slipper clutch in it and a Clear Cover, It works great and looks trick!!! i ride offroad and havent had a problem yet... Has anyone had a problem with these in the past?

oh yea i did use my stock o-ring instead of the STM provided one because it fit better in the groove. ?