Sign in to follow this  

Fitting on a bike

how do you know you fit on a bike? i know how to im just wondering what you guys do. do you get a bike where your feet are flat on the ground when you stand up, or where your on tipy toes, or what?

just curious

I get a bike that fufills my needs for a certain amount of power. Most fullsize bikes, from 125's on up to 450's have about the same seat height.

If both of your heels can touch the ground, I think that's too low for a dirt bike. I tiptoe with both feet, but I'd like it just a tad lower.

i can fit one foot tip toed and the other cant touch at all... but when im riding i dont notice nor does it matter. i should probably lower my suspension but whatever. i was planning on getting an 85 but i went with a 250f instead..id outgrow an 85 too fast and i wanted more power.

i can fit one foot tip toed and the other cant touch at all... but when im riding i dont notice nor does it matter. i should probably lower my suspension but whatever. i was planning on getting an 85 but i went with a 250f instead..id outgrow an 85 too fast and i wanted more power.

what did you have before?

I get a bike that fufills my needs for a certain amount of power. Most fullsize bikes, from 125's on up to 450's have about the same seat height.

best answer yet, all bikes from 125 to 450 have seat hights within 2 inches of each other for the most part, there are brands notorious for short seat hights(kawasaki) and there are brands notorious for high seat hights(yamaha) i have found that honda and suzuki fit me the best while kawasaki's in general have low seat hights and are underpowered, and yamahas have average to class leading power while they all have high seat hights. i am talking stock, no hatemail please

I would think a beginner would want a bike where both feet can fully reach the ground (flat-footed). As you get more comfortable on a bike...tip-toe on both sides would probably work fine.

It would also depend on the power and size of bike you desire. If you are a short person and want a ton of power, you are probably going to want a bigger (full-size) bike and won't be able to touch on both sides. You'll get used to whatever bike you choose.

what did you have before?

02 ttr125l... i wanted to start racing but my dad didnt want an 85.. looking back, neither did i. i love my 250f.

i like to have both feet able to touch. I like it when both my feet touch the ground.