Sign in to follow this  

Hmm...rebound adjustment problem

I went out to do a little rebound adjustment on my forks tonight, and it didn't seem to have any effect, if I push the forks down with my arms, they don't seem to be rebounding any slower. The manual says the rebound adjusters are on the tops of the forks, this should be correct. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'll try it again tomorrow. Could my oil level be incorrect?

lol you won't notice a difference like that you need to get out and ride the bike

It is difficult to feel just pumping the forks in the garage. If you only go one click at a time you are going to have to ride the bike to feel the difference. If the oil is low in the forks it affects both the compression and rebound. Make sure your levels are right and then take a screw driver with you and make small adjustments as you ride. Remember that the front and rear work together so big changes on one end effects the other end of the bike. Good luck.

Yeah, you will only feel a difference from the forks when riding. But the shock is exactly oppitsite. If you fully close the shock on the rebound and you sit on the bike it will stay at that position.

It scared the crap out of me one time. So I was messing with my rebound in my shock, then I went inside then came back out and sat on my bike and scared the crap out of myself, the stupid shock wouldn't go back up after I got off it. I about had a heart attack, I thought I broke the shock or frame of something. But it was only my rebound was fully in.