Sign in to follow this  

Where to ride near Phoneix?

Okay guys... looks like I'm gonna be living in phoenix for awhile. Where is there to ride around here? I dont really care for tracks.... mainly looking for open desert riding. Whats Arizonas equivelant of California's Ocotillo Wells and Plaster City?

BTW... whos in the area and wants to ride sometime? I'll be making my way back to cali in two weeks and ill be comming back with all my stuff and my bike

The Mile Markers out near Lake Pleasant have some killer desert single track and AMRA hosts some of it's races out there. When it's hot out here make a run up to the Cinder's in Flagstaff. Amazing area if you've never been. You won't really find anything like Ocotillo Wells out here but the riding is killer for sure. I live up near Prescott and ride mostely locally up here. Moved out from Diego also...

Okay guys... looks like I'm gonna be living in phoenix for awhile. Where is there to ride around here? I dont really care for tracks.... mainly looking for open desert riding. Whats Arizonas equivelant of California's Ocotillo Wells and Plaster City?

BTW... whos in the area and wants to ride sometime? I'll be making my way back to cali in two weeks and ill be comming back with all my stuff and my bike

I ride a lot in the NW valley. Just PM me and we can make a plan to ride.

I'm out in Queen Creek if you ever want to do some fun riding out here or glod canyon area let me know by messaging me. thanks

Do a search for Arizona Trail Riders.......best group around...they put on the AMA National Enduro, and know all the sweet spots here in the desert....

I do most of my winter riding west of Phx. There's a bazillion miles of roads, trails, and open desert around Tonopah. Gila bend to the south, Wickenburg to the north, and colorado river to the west. Summer riding is mostly up in the Bradshaws. Or early morning in the Belmont mnts, which are near tonopah. Got a good staging area at the homestead too. Just a hop skip and jump from the Hassayampa riverbed, if you want to ride sand...

noshoes

At the NE corner of Pima and Dynamite is state trust land that has a lot of singletrack. I've only been there twice but so far I love it. You do need to get a permit though, it's only 15$......and well worth it :thumbsup:

I went riding out there at bartlett lake right about the bartlett dam road mile marker 1. I thought that the riding out there is for more of the dirt bikes then quads. but some really good single track. You can take your quad but its a little tight.