250 or 450???????

hey. i was wondering if i should get a 2007 wr250f or a wr450f.im 5'9 and weigh about 110 pounds.im not going to get it for a few months though so i might grow by then.which one do you think i should get and why?

also im geting a yz250 or 450f.

thanks

How old are you? How much riding experience do you have? You are pretty small at 110 lbs. so I would have to say a 250 4 banger or a 125 2 smoker. Unless your 13 yrs., and a lot of riding experience and getting ready for a growth spurt. Then I would say fofitty, cause you always get used to the power. At least I do. I have seen a 12 year old on a 450r laying it flat over doubles on a track :ride: , so anything is possible. ?

I have a crf 250x and a wr 450....no question...go with the 250. With proper technique you will be able to ride much better and in control. At 110 lbs controlling the 450 power on any kind of climb will be VERY difficult with your ability and weight. Additionally, the 450 on tight trails truly is a handful even for very experienced riders. When I am riding tight stuff with switchbacks and off cambers I ride the 250 or my KTM. I am 6'4'' 225lbs.

With just over a year of experience remember...you gotta go slow to go fast!!!

• 3 months later...