Sign in to follow this  

husky dealer in NY?

The TE's are looking sweet any good dealers in my neck of the woods? :thumbsup:

Watertown now, originally from Oneonta, cortland, syracuse, cazanovia, sidney, Binghamton.....ive been all over except the big city

Don't bother with Fred's in Syracuse. Fox or Thunder Ridge are newer dealers. I live near Ithaca and use Bottones in Bradford PA(just south of Olean NY). It's 2.5 hours away, but Fran knows his stuff and parts usually get to my house in one day with regular UPS.

Norman

Before i bought my DRZ my eye was on a husky and i called one of them off of the websites They procedied to tell me that they only carry the chainsaws and that the bikes werea tough sell.....could be freds.... i called another # I think thunder and they only had the TC250 in stock and said that the TE line was a tough sell......

Watertown now, originally from Oneonta, cortland, syracuse, cazanovia, sidney, Binghamton.....ive been all over except the big city

you hiding out from the long arm of the law????

damn you've lived in a lot of places......i miss tino's pizza...yum yum.....

go to Husqvarnausa.com

Click on the dealers button upper left and see!

HA!

i've been interested in a husky...i went to their website....listed a dealer in CT.....i called the dealer.....they said nope we dont sell them...never have....dont plan to......i said...um...ok....so i went back to the husky said....used their "contact us" link to send them an email asking about a dealer....never heard back.....i figured if husky usa can't bother to answer an email from someone who wants to buy their bike it might be a good idea to buy a different brand.....

HA!

i've been interested in a husky...i went to their website....listed a dealer in CT.....i called the dealer.....they said nope we dont sell them...never have....dont plan to......i said...um...ok....so i went back to the husky said....used their "contact us" link to send them an email asking about a dealer....never heard back.....i figured if husky usa can't bother to answer an email from someone who wants to buy their bike it might be a good idea to buy a different brand.....

Damn i thought the same thing when i called the #'s not one of the places were like " I can get you a TE, they wwere just like nope sorry" Hence this thread ive got someone who might pay top doller for my DRZ but driving to Pa i might just think its not worth it?

Damn i thought the same thing when i called the #'s not one of the places were like " I can get you a TE, they wwere just like nope sorry" Hence this thread ive got someone who might pay top doller for my DRZ but driving to Pa i might just think its not worth it?

So who did you call? I spoke to the guy(I forgot his name) who has Fox Powersports at an AGP race and he seemed pretty enthusiastic.A riding buddy who was stationed at Fort Drum bought a TE510 from Jim at Thunder Ridge and had a good experience.

rmxtgh.... The dealer locator was out of date for a long time, but is now updated. Midtown Kawasaki in Rocky Hill CT was a Husky dealer. I almost bought a bike there 3 years ago, so the guy you talked to was clueless.

Bottones that is 2.5 hours away from me can get me parts faster than the 3 Jap dealers within a half hour of my house for big three bikes I have owned. A warranty issue could mean a lot of driving, but guys buy Huskys in the crate from dealers across the country all the time. Good luck with the search.

Norman

It was Nov of 04 when i called so i dont remember which places i did call, and then i setteled with the DRZ in may of 05, anyways ive always like the Husky and was hearing good things about the 05's then the street legals in 06 and 07's but i dont regret my purchuse of the drz, its rock solid and with some mods it opened up some but its still underpowered and dont know if i want to put $2000 into motor mods to get it on par with a husk. My buddy said he might buy it soooo hear i am. I thiink ill try thunderridge see what they have but is it true that the 06 te's are gone?

There's a dealer in North Western New Jersey you might want to try. Town and Country in Hamburgh NJ. You won't find any 06's there but the 07's should be in soon. I think I picked my 06 in late October last year.

So who did you call? I spoke to the guy(I forgot his name) who has Fox Powersports at an AGP race and he seemed pretty enthusiastic.A riding buddy who was stationed at Fort Drum bought a TE510 from Jim at Thunder Ridge and had a good experience.

rmxtgh.... The dealer locator was out of date for a long time, but is now updated. Midtown Kawasaki in Rocky Hill CT was a Husky dealer. I almost bought a bike there 3 years ago, so the guy you talked to was clueless.

Bottones that is 2.5 hours away from me can get me parts faster than the 3 Jap dealers within a half hour of my house for big three bikes I have owned. A warranty issue could mean a lot of driving, but guys buy Huskys in the crate from dealers across the country all the time. Good luck with the search.

Norman

yah midtown was who i called.....maybe the guy i talked to was a newer employee....doesn't really matter though.....doent change the fact that the closest dealer to me is almost 2 hours away down by NYC......not terribly far but i'm not very mechanical so if i had a problem that needed dealer attention it would really blow to have to drive 2 hours to drop the bike off...two hours back home....than repeat when the bikes fixed...

Fran is in my backyard and while I've never owned a husky, I know everyone that has dealt with Fran has had a good experience. He runs a small shop but he's always willing to help out and gets whatever you need.

I have dealt on the phone with Fox Powersports when I was looking for an '06 TE 510 last July. They were very helpful and enthusiastic but had already sold out of 510's. They even went through the trouble to talk to me outside of business hours on a Sunday.

Initial experience with them was good and I would not hesitate to call them again.

Ended up getting my 510 second hand from a guy in Cortland.

http://www.foxpowersports.com/

There's a dealer in North Western New Jersey you might want to try. Town and Country in Hamburgh NJ. You won't find any 06's there but the 07's should be in soon. I think I picked my 06 in late October last year.

I was there last week. They have 2 '07 TE450's and 2 '07 TE250s on the floor now with I think one or two more in crates. They're great people and know their stuff.

+1 on fox powersports talked him a month ago Terry is his name great guy knows his stuff......I just havent been able to find a buyer for the DRZ

Yeah, Terry is very enthusiastic about the product. His son races motorcross and he races scrambles on these machines, so they definitely keep tabs on how to make these things work. Great guy to deal with IMO.

Good luck with your DRZ sale.

Travis Coon

LRRS Expert #75