Jetting 06 CRF150F

Do the "power up kit" for the 05 work on this model or do they have one for the 06? Sorry if it's been asked before but I looked all over the forums and read the jetting threads and couldn't find anything in-depth about the 06. Thanks.

Good question. Seems like removing the air box snorkel and the exhaust baffle and rejetting will all still be the plan on the 'O6 (plus going to a good air filter like a UNI) - but my guess is that the jetting will be different. That's all that the power-up is for these CRF150s - just un-corking them and rejetting them... so I think your question is really What is the right jetting for my uncorked '06 CRF150? :-)

My son has an 06 CRF 150. It seemed rich from the dealer so, we took out the baffle and snorkle and it runs well now. Still may be a little on the rich side but the plug looks good. I believe we are about the same altitude.

I live in Florida and ride at maybe 100' above sea level. It took me a while of combnations to get it right before I got a new carb. I used the stock piolet, a 114 main, and did this mod to the needle since there are no other grooves to move the clip to. I used a small washer to raise the needle. The hardest part about the 06 carb is adjusting the fuel screw, it's recesed and I had to make a special tool to turn the thing. I have more pic of the 06 carb, fuel screw and jets if any one wants to see them.

album_pic.php?pic_id=1549&sid=bbfdaa58379fe7586956e8912bdb8262

Hmmmm so if my bike is already running rich will it hurt the bike in anyway if i take out the snorkel and baffle? Or even help out my bike for that matter heh.

It will not hurt to just give it a try -the airbox snorkel actually just snaps out and back in, so you can remove it, remove the exhaust baffle and just ride it and see. You may find out you need no jetting change. Also consider putting in a UNI or other good aftermarket air filter - the stock air filter does not breathe all that great. So you might find that it runs great uncorked with no jet change and the stock filter, or find that once you put a UNI filter in there you need to rejet then because it is breathing so much more freely. Whatever the case, you are not going to hurt it to uncork it and ride it with no changes to the carb yet.