Sign in to follow this  

Dual-sporting in RI?

I live in RHode Island, and i wanted to know if i could dual-sport my dads 01 TTR-250, or maybe even my KX125?

What are the laws concearning Dirtbikes for on/off road use if anyone knows?

Hi there, I just moved out of RI, I lived there all my life!

Legally speaking - Regarding your intentions, I'm going to have to say that I believe your intentions are a no-no. Those bikes are designated as off-road vehicles. Unless the TTR has a road-legal kit on it, you should keep them both (legally) off the road. As a matter of fact, in Rhode Island, it is illegal to ride those bikes anywhere that is not your own personal property. So even off-road areas are in fact illegal.

But here, take a look at this... the state is trying...

http://www.dem.ri.gov/news/2006/pr/0518061.htm

Good luck! Maybe we'll get an off-road park or something! That'd be great, as my folks still live in RI.

yea, rhode island is so retarded. They allow you to have a off road plate, but they dont have any places you can ride...legally. I have a Mass. Off road plate, cause Mass. actually has places to ride. What part of rhode island are you from?

Don't feel bad, we face the same issue here in NY. The bikes must be registered, but the state provides not a SINGLE place to ride legally. It's like registering your car, and not having a road to drive it on. :thumbsup:

We choose to ride in Mass for the same exact reasons as well.

From Coventry, you?